Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been hovering for a while and finally made an account.

I do a couple things for a work, one of which is in the car business. I'm around cars constantly and usually get to drive company cars so I've never had the urge to buy something nice for myself. That said, I love being behind the wheel of a car and had a chance to drive a BMW M2. It's a total drivers car and a bargain for what you get... and it comes with a manual gear box! anyway, I ended up putting in an order for a M2 a while ago but when an opportunity for a QV came around, I cancelled my order (BMW sold it two days after it arrived) and picked up the QV. Being in the business, I couldn't refuse the deal that was proposed to me.

It's a 17 QV and I have to say, I am absolutely infatuated with it. The way this car makes me feel is unlike anything I've ever experienced. The telepathic steering, the sound of the exhaust and the acceleration, God the acceleration! It's addicting. Yet the same time, when in normal or efficient mode, the car is subtle, professional, comfortable... A true Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This is seriously a car that can do everything, and do it very well! I was a little worried with the negative things I've heard but was relieved knowing that it was mostly software. So far 1500 miles and not a single issue has come up and I drive it "spiritedly".

I had an exhaust shop install an X-pipe where the resonators used to be and it sounds great. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory. When the exhaust baffles are closed, the car is still quiet but really opens up in race mode or dynamic high revs. It has greater contrast between the two modes.

Also, I bought ST springs to drop it a little bit and Forza exhaust controller (both of which I have not installed yet).

I drove an M2 the other day and I could not be happier with the choice I made!

I'm tall so the only issue I have is my knees ache a bit due to them pushing up against the door and the center console. Other than that, I have nothing but good things to say!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome. We are new to Alfa as well. My husband and I don’t agree on a lot but we agree we got a super awesome car. The QV is just plain fun. Enjoy and hopefully you have many fun adventures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the club! This is nice looking car!

Can you post some more information about x-pipe you installed? Was it just to improve exhaust note?

Yeah, Of course. The stock resonators muffle the exhaust note slightly for more a more civil drive. Some worry about drone with no resonators but I can say, there is no drone whatsoever.

Eurocompusion has a full midpipe that serves the same purpose with an x-pipe where the resonators are.

You can see their midpipe here:

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...ce-x-pipe-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-2-9l

I would have loved to go that route but decided to have a stainless steel x-pipe welded in to the stock exhaust instead of replacing the entire mid-pipe. That said, the good thing about going the eurocomplsion route is you can switch back to stock relatively easily if need be. I kept the stock resonators but I don't plan on ever bringing back the stock exhaust so I didn't mind modifying my factory set up.

I made a couple videos with and without resonators that ill try to upload shortly.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,735 Posts
Are you in a no-front-plate state?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome aboard! Be warned,you’ll never go back to any other make. My obsession is going on 40 years now. Still waiting for my special order ‘19 TI sport to arrive in Visuvio gray on red of course., enjoy your QV! If you’re in SoCal, I’ll be starting a drivers/ dinners club early next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.