Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2018 Giulia ti sport. Traded in a 2016 Camaro 2ss with over 500 HP and I do miss that car, but driving this car makes me forget all about the Camaro.
I thought that I would leave it pretty much stock, but I can never leave anything stock. It's getting tinted this Friday and will be getting lowered in the next month or so.
I'm sure I will get the bug and will be doing other mods sooner then later.

Before buying the Alfa I test drove a BMW 430 Grand Coupe and I'm so glad I went with the Alfa. I love that I never see any other Giulia's on the road it makes the car feel that much more special.
I also have a 2013 KTM RC8R and I get the same feeling riding that around because it's a pretty rare bike to see on the road.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Welcome to the fun! This car isn't anything like a Camaro; I have a tricked-out 2010 in the garage with 500hp too, but the Giulia is in a class by itself. I'd think carefully about what you want to use the car for. All the standard mods you may have done on the Camaro, may not be something you might want to do to the Alfa; i.e. lowering; the chassis is already highly tuned.

The Giulia is basically a 4-door Ferrari sedan, having been designed and developed at the Ferrari development facilities, and the whole car is tuned as a whole product like nothing I've ever driven. The only mods I've done so far are the Eurocompulsion V2 cold air intake, lighter wheels (huge discussion on this here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/289-alfa-romeo-giulia-general-discussion/19617-winter-wheels.html) and upgraded headlight bulbs. That's it, which for me is very few mods considering I modded the daylights out of my Camaro.

I know there are those who've changed the exhaust to give it more sound, but due to the difficulty of dyno's working with the Giulia, I'm not aware of any reliable dyno charts on the actual power benefits yet. Same issue with tuning; the Giulia apparently is extremely difficult to dyno. The electronics of the car somehow knows it isn't actually moving even though the wheels are spinning. Eurocompulsion is working on a dyno tune, and just bought a very expensive dyno which they're working on to get it and the Giulia to work together. Hopefully they'll get it dialed in soon and we can see the results of their tune which they claim will be available "soon".

In otherwords, mod carefully. This car is like no other.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, enjoy it!
Welcome to the fun! This car isn't anything like a Camaro; I have a tricked-out 2010 in the garage with 500hp too, but the Giulia is in a class by itself. I'd think carefully about what you want to use the car for. All the standard mods you may have done on the Camaro, may not be something you might want to do to the Alfa; i.e. lowering; the chassis is already highly tuned.

The Giulia is basically a 4-door Ferrari sedan, having been designed and developed at the Ferrari development facilities, and the whole car is tuned as a whole product like nothing I've ever driven. The only mods I've done so far are the Eurocompulsion V2 cold air intake, lighter wheels (huge discussion on this here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/289-alfa-romeo-giulia-general-discussion/19617-winter-wheels.html) and upgraded headlight bulbs. That's it, which for me is very few mods considering I modded the daylights out of my Camaro.

I know there are those who've changed the exhaust to give it more sound, but due to the difficulty of dyno's working with the Giulia, I'm not aware of any reliable dyno charts on the actual power benefits yet. Same issue with tuning; the Giulia apparently is extremely difficult to dyno. The electronics of the car somehow knows it isn't actually moving even though the wheels are spinning. Eurocompulsion is working on a dyno tune, and just bought a very expensive dyno which they're working on to get it and the Giulia to work together. Hopefully they'll get it dialed in soon and we can see the results of their tune which they claim will be available "soon".

In otherwords, mod carefully. This car is like no other.
Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just got a 2018 Giulia ti sport. Traded in a 2016 Camaro 2ss with over 500 HP and I do miss that car, but driving this car makes me forget all about the Camaro.
I thought that I would leave it pretty much stock, but I can never leave anything stock. It's getting tinted this Friday and will be getting lowered in the next month or so.

Before buying the Alfa I test drove a BMW 430 Grand Coupe and I'm so glad I went with the Alfa.
I love that I never see any other Giulia's on the road it makes the car feel that much more special.
I also have a 2013 KTM RC8R and I get the same feeling riding that around because it's a pretty rare bike to see on the road.
The only driving feature of the 430 GC that's even close to the Giulia is the steering and handling but even that pales to the Giulia. The engines aren't comparable at all with the Giulia's being superior. I drove the 430GC around with my foot in it all the time. Once the Giulia's software is as fully developed as mature as iDrive, game over.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The only driving feature of the 430 GC that's even close to the Giulia is the steering and handling but even that pales to the Giulia. The engines aren't comparable at all with the Giulia's being superior. I drove the 430GC around with my foot in it all the time. Once the Giulia's software is as fully developed as mature as iDrive, game over.
....and with the BMW you have to worry about fuel pumps that catch fire and sub frame cracks ....but of course that is all forgiven for BMW because they're German and their cars reek of UBER QUALITY !!!!

NONSENSE...

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
806 Posts
Welcome

Before buying the Alfa I test drove a BMW 430 Grand Coupe and I'm so glad I went with the Alfa. I love that I never see any other Giulia's on the road it makes the car feel that much more special.
I agree with all my Alfisti here. Once you’ve driven this car for a little while, it really gets under your skin!

How was your car optioned?

I am a big fan of, and continually amazed by the Ti performance package. Can’t believe what a difference the active suspension/dampers and mechanical limited slip differential makes.

Regarding mods, I too am looking to just doing the trio of intake, ECU tune and exhaust. According to all expectations, that’ll put the car in the 340 to 350 hp range and improve the performance to low to mid fours, 0 to 60, and a top end in excess of 155. Plenty of car for my skills!

Tell us more,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts