Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I’m new to the ALFA family. In domestic cars i like Mopar, trade a Prowler for this. Imports Nissan last 2 were 08 350 nismo Z and a 2015 Nismo 370Z tech. Went with the wife to look at the Stelvio and next to the salesman desk was a Giulia red. Needless to say she never got the SUV but i got a Giulia QV

I never owened a ALFA before so any help you can provide would be great. Like most I’m concerned about the reliability and since it is so new how well it will retain it’s value. But being new to ALFA, is anyone going the whole 10K on oil changes. What kind of mileage are you getting out of the P zeros and on what tire pressure. How well is the Alcantara on the seats and sterling wheel holding up? Last is there any little things maintenance wise I need to know about this car, maintaining the turbos and what oil are you using. Thanks agin for any help you provide. I’m in north east FL looking forward to seeing more ALFA family out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Relax!
I cannot answer all your questions, but my Giulia has 28,000 miles. Absolutely flawless. Been to the dealer 3 time in one year always for oil change. I changed oil at first 5,000 miles and now every 10,000. Absolutely no issues. I found some Pennzoil 0W-30 as recommended by the factory, but have never added any. Contrary to previous Alfas, my Giulia does not burn any oil, an the level remains steady for 10,000 miles. Awesome driver's car. Corners like on tracks (mine is the Q4). Stunning good looks.
So, relax and drive your Giulia.
Good luck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Relax and enjoy the car, they hold up fine and are very reliable. My QV has 11,000 miles on it and has had no issues, it is a daily driver for me. I will probably stick to around a 6K interval on the oil changes, 10 K seems like a lot to me ........My original Corsa tires were gone by 7500 miles, I now have P-Zeros on it, the Michelin P4 is also a very fine tire ....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

The tire wear is even better then i thought it might be. I have been hearing some really great things on the reliability so all I’m gonna do is put miles on it. After hard runs do you let idle to stabilize the turbo and temp?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining!

IMO, it's always a good idea in turbo cars to cool her down, depends how hard is hard. Should be fine in most cases to do the last few miles on low revs rather than idling in the driveway. After a track session I open the front up and let her air on idle :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks

The tire wear is even better then i thought it might be. I have been hearing some really great things on the reliability so all I’m gonna do is put miles on it. After hard runs do you let idle to stabilize the turbo and temp?
Their have been other members on the forum who have posted that they have reached 10 K on the Corsas, but I wasn't that lucky. I was down to the wear bars after 7500 miles. They have great grip, they're just a bit soft, not good in the rain either. I usually let the Qv cool off a bit at idle after a hard run or doing hills ....

·
Registered
343 Posts
You will not be disappointed with your choice. My 2017 Giulia has 4700 miles on it, but I have had it for a year so I did get the oil changed. Other than that, it's been a trouble free car and it is amazing to drive!!

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone had a issue with a fake amazon pop up and redirecting you to a different site. If so have you found a solution and what did you do. Thanks

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Has anyone had a issue with a fake amazon pop up and redirecting you to a different site. If so have you found a solution and what did you do. Thanks
If you haven’t found it there is a whole thread on this, search for “virus”.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any one having ant paint chipping issues.

Um, in a word yes. It’s horrible. I have Alfa Rosso and if you look at it crooked it chips. I’ve never had this much stone chip damage in so little miles. The paint job itself is flawless. No orange peel and it’s super glossy. I have no choice but to go to the dent and ding guy to get it touched up and then spending $750 on the 3M clear bra. It’s really unacceptable.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paint

Sorry to hear that. When I read my paint was medium solf I decided then to get a clear bra. I had two cars before with solf and you are right I had bugs chip that paint. So the paint on the Giulia comes so nicely done I just opted to put the bra on before to much damage was done.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Have they come up with a fix for the fuel economy guage reading 75-0?
Mine also reads 75 on the left to 0 on the right and I have all the latest S/W updates. Why do you perceive this as “wrong”.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It looks incorrect. Every vehicle I’ve owned that gauge reads in the opposite direction. Starting at 0 and reading to the left or 75. The gauge works fine and in fact I’m getting use to it now just want to know if that was a Alfa thing or maybe it’s me.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think the latest software update corrects the reading of the gauge and supplies you with 7 radio presets...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hi

I’m new to the ALFA family. In domestic cars i like Mopar, trade a Prowler for this. Imports Nissan last 2 were 08 350 nismo Z and a 2015 Nismo 370Z tech. Went with the wife to look at the Stelvio and next to the salesman desk was a Giulia red. Needless to say she never got the SUV but i got a Giulia QV

I never owened a ALFA before so any help you can provide would be great. Like most I’m concerned about the reliability and since it is so new how well it will retain it’s value. But being new to ALFA, is anyone going the whole 10K on oil changes. What kind of mileage are you getting out of the P zeros and on what tire pressure. How well is the Alcantara on the seats and sterling wheel holding up? Last is there any little things maintenance wise I need to know about this car, maintaining the turbos and what oil are you using. Thanks agin for any help you provide. I’m in north east FL looking forward to seeing more ALFA family out there.
Just as a side note...Alfa is not that new.....

Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A. (Italian pronunciation: [ˈalfa roˈmɛːo]) is a car manufacturer, founded by Frenchman Alexandre Darracq as A.L.F.A. ("[Società] Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili", "Lombard Automobile Factory Company") on 24 June 1910, in Milan. The brand is known for sporty vehicles and has been involved in car racing since 1911.

I mean..unless you consider 1911 new.....>:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts