Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get the recall notice for 2017 Giulia? It says that the PCM may not allow sufficient cooling for the turbo oil lines causing an oil weep. I always hear my fans go on. The recall says certain models "MAY" exhibit this problem.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Its the W05 recall.

Reactions: mjb

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It’s technically not a recall, just a Customer Satisfaction Notice.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So they are asking all 2.0 Giulia owners to bring their cars in?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
So they are asking all 2.0 Giulia owners to bring their cars in?
Yes, unless your car has been in for service recently and they already applied the fix. Check the Alfa app and you should see the status for your VIN.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It’s technically not a recall, just a Customer Satisfaction Notice.
Maybe, but "My Alfa Romeo" app says it is a recall, then crashes...

Reactions: AlfaCrisis

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
if it doesn’t crash, and you manage to get into the recall section, it has it listed as a “campaign” which I interpret as a non safety related recall.

EDIT: and the paperwork you get by snail mail calls it a CSN

·
Registered
228 Posts
Received for both my 2019s Giulia and Stelvio

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
How Italian of it. Mine takes its time loading, then takes a break before recognizing my entry and then thinks for a while before acting. it then waves its hands around and crashes.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
How Italian of it. Mine takes its time loading, then takes a break before recognizing my entry and then thinks for a while before acting. it then waves its hands around and crashes.
I went to Google Playstore, updated "My Alfa Romeo" and it still crashes. It gets to the point of showing me the recall, but when I try to view the PDF for the recall it immediately crashes.

There is a "My Alfa Romeo" website, but it does not include the NAFTA region.

Anyway, I have requested the a service appointment with Walnut Creek Maserati/Alfa (also Bentley, McLaren, some others) to do the update. Hopefully they will actually do the update this time. I have also ordered a new battery from Pep Boys (the only lead-acid alternative to OEM available in North America?) which will hopefully resolve the intermittent CAN bus errors that I am getting; I don't plan to try a lithium battery until everything is stable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone get the recall notice for 2017 Giulia? It says that the PCM may not allow sufficient cooling for the turbo oil lines causing an oil weep. I always hear my fans go on. The recall says certain models "MAY" exhibit this problem.
Got my letter in the mail 2 days ago. “Recall” letters go out to new and older automobiles all the time. I am not worried at all, when I have a little time, I will take my Giulia in to the dealership and they’ll take care of everything! I have nothing but good things to say about my Alfa Giulia and/or the dealership/service department I always take it to!!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I went to Google Playstore, updated "My Alfa Romeo" and it still crashes. It gets to the point of showing me the recall, but when I try to view the PDF for the recall it immediately crashes.

There is a "My Alfa Romeo" website, but it does not include the NAFTA region.

Anyway, I have requested the a service appointment with Walnut Creek Maserati/Alfa (also Bentley, McLaren, some others) to do the update. Hopefully they will actually do the update this time. I have also ordered a new battery from Pep Boys (the only lead-acid alternative to OEM available in North America?) which will hopefully resolve the intermittent CAN bus errors that I am getting; I don't plan to try a lithium battery until everything is stable.
you can also get to it at the mopar.com website, same login credentials as the app.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How long does it take? Is there any change if performance/operation?
Received for both my 2019s Giulia and Stelvio

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Reactions: Alfisto

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2, Vesuvio/Red, Perf Pkg, CF all over.
105 Posts
So if you turn off the car and get out and listen to what’s going on under the hood, you should hear an electric motor whine for a few minutes. That should be the turbo water circulation pump running. W05 just lengthens the time the pump runs after the engine stops to better cool off the turbo. This does not qualify as a TSB but is a very important CSN that should be addressed especially if you live and drive in hot weather conditions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts