Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
613 Posts
Nothing like fanning the flames of unreliability.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Can I drive my car while I wait to get serviced?
I am, there were no instructions not to in the recall. Just keep your nose open for a fuel smell.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio, 2014 Porsche 911 4S, 2004 Subaru STI (608 WHP)
14 Posts
I heard it was 11000 vehicles across all builds of Giulie and Stelvia...20/21. I didnt think they made that many...but who knows

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
I stopped this afternoon by Sweeney Alfa Romeo in Florence Kentucky and Skip told me that they issue a stop sell in 3 of his 2021 Giulia's he has in inventory because of this recall. Apparently, the parts will not be available until March 2022 so, I assume these 3 cars will have great discounts in April 2022 when they are release for sale.
Good candidates for “lot rot”.
Nothing like fanning the flames of unreliability.
To be fair, recalls are not exclusive to Alfa Romeo.
Can I drive my car while I wait to get serviced?
How many have a choice?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
The Safety Recall Report issued by NHTSA states, "The suspect period began on September 15, 2020, when defective fuel sensors were introduced into vehicle production, and ended on May 20, 2021, when the fuel sensors from the suspect batches were no longer used in vehicle production."
My Giulia landed in the US in March 2020, and my wife’s Stelvio was built in 08/2020, so both are in the clear for this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MY21 Giulia TI

Just got the recall notice today. Spoke with the service advisor and said the part is going to take about 3 to 5 days to arrive and then they schedule the repair which supposedly takes about 2 hours.
And of course it just went in for its first oil change before Christmas....

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
MY21 Giulia TI

Just got the recall notice today. Spoke with the service advisor and said the part is going to take about 3 to 5 days to arrive and then they schedule the repair which supposedly takes about 2 hours.
And of course it just went in for its first oil change before Christmas....
im in the exact same boat!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Has anyone had this recall done?
I called my dealer last week after receiving the snail mail recall notice. They said parts to repair should be available “within the month” and they will call me to schedule my repair when they have parts in hand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I called my dealer last week after receiving the snail mail recall notice. They said parts to repair should be available “within the month” and they will call me to schedule my repair when they have parts in hand.
Thanks

I installed an Ideal intake kit and am wondering if it needs to come out before I show up for the recall.

Would like to understand where that sensor lives

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks

I installed an Ideal intake kit and am wondering if it needs to come out before I show up for the recall.

Would like to understand where that sensor lives
There’s a picture in post #6 from a QV.

·
Registered
145 Posts
View attachment 119141

My fuel sensor has been leaking on my 21 SQV….There was a bunch of dried fuel around the solenoid below. It’s at a local Indy shop, how would I go about Alfa covering this under the recall without a local dealer (Austin dealer just closed)

Thanks for the heads up re picture - what stuff ya think needs to come out to get at that thing? I gotta look under my hood later

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the heads up re picture - what stuff ya think needs to come out to get at that thing? I gotta look under my hood later
There’s not much in the way besides the air box. I have the IdealRace intakes as well, but removed them and put the stock air box back on before sending it to the dealer. Better to be safe than sorry

·
Registered
145 Posts
Exactly:

It would not be a good thing to show up at the dealer and for them to say "sorry we can't work on your car"

41 - 58 of 58 Posts