Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.
Purchased my QV today here in Dallas.
Got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up.
I am coming from an Audi S8 so the power and quickness are fairly comparable but this QV has a soul that the Audi didn't.
Mine is Rosso Red, black seats with red stitching and yellow calipers.
So far it has been a blast, love the sound although the twitchy brakes and throttle are going to take some getting used to.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am coming from an Audi S8 so the power and quickness are fairly comparable but this QV has a soul that the Audi didn't.
So far it has been a blast, love the sound although the twitchy brakes and throttle are going to take some getting used to.
Sounds nice no pics? The brakes do take a little time but they grow on you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Club

Can’t say anything bad about the Audi but I can say you are going to love your QV. Great combo and it sounds like there is lots of folks in Texas on the forum. Congrats:grin2:

·
Read Only
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
I will take some photos today and post them.
I'll be honest......I love that S8.
Stealthy speed at it's best.
There is nothing stealthy at all about the Alfa.
Red, loud and fast.
Love that though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Congrats! You're going to love it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stealth, schmealth lol. When I follow someone in my Russo Red Q2 I like to drive close to the yellow line so they can get a good view of the grill. If they know, they know. If they don't they think "What's that!" This is a teenager's car for adults.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome! Remember what Clarkson said in his review of the QV:
"Think about it: a person who is kind to his mother and punctual and sober and well dressed, hes an Audi; and nobody wants a friend like that."

·
Registered
334 Posts
The brakes you will get used to very quickly, it usually means you don't have to depress them as much as you have in the past .....Congrats on the new car ......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awesome! I am in Dallas too. I have a 2019 on order. Hoping for a October/November delivery. Where did you purchase from? I tried to get a deal done here in Dallas, but they couldn't beat Jimmy up in Ohio. Also, did you happen to be driving in Uptown/West Village this weekend? Bc I recorded a Red QV from my balcony turning from Blackburn onto Cole.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Welcome! Remember what Clarkson said in his review of the QV:
"Think about it: a person who is kind to his mother and punctual and sober and well dressed, hes an Audi; and nobody wants a friend like that."
Who else thinks Jezza treats his mother well?

I know my mother enjoys riding in my Q4.

·
Read Only
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome! I am in Dallas too. I have a 2019 on order. Hoping for a October/November delivery. Where did you purchase from? I tried to get a deal done here in Dallas, but they couldn't beat Jimmy up in Ohio. Also, did you happen to be driving in Uptown/West Village this weekend? Bc I recorded a Red QV from my balcony turning from Blackburn onto Cole.
I got mine from Essence in Hurst. That's going to be a long wait but well worth it. Actually that might have been me you saw because I was on McKinney.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Gotta say that McKinney dealer is excellent. Early in my shopping I was down there for business and popped in there one afternoon. I was very clear with them I wasn't from the area and wouldn't be buying from them and didn't want to waste their time just wanted to look around and they still spent time with me and answered my questions and let me take one out. Very impressive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts