Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Greetings from Vancouver BC.

I placed my order for a QV on Valentine's day this year and took delivery this past Friday, July 6th. Like many of you I'm a fan of the BMW M3 but after a test drive I was knew it was the one. After a few days of ownership I'm surprised at the level of comfort and road manners for such a potent beast. I love it's Jekyll and hyde like personality. Options wise I went with carbon seats, steering wheel, green/white stitch and yellow calipers. I opted against the carbon ceramics due to running cost and wider selection of aftermarket race pads.

With the bumpy road setting its the perfect daily driver! I do wish the exhaust was louder...… My thoughts are pretty limited for now as I'm waiting for PPF scheduled for mid next week. I'm going with XPEL's ultimate full front protection, B+C pillars, rockers, back of CF seats and luggage strip. This car will see some track time in 2 weeks time so should have some more complete thoughts then.

I just placed an order for a Titanium Quicksilver cat-back exhaust so look forward to a future post in the QV forum >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congrats OP!

Dreaming of the day a QV is in my garage too!

Please do share your thoughts once you've experienced the car for a while.

If your anything like my BIL, also a motorcycle owner, a little crazy with need for speed, I think your opinion will really say a lot about the fun-to-drive-ness of the QV. I think that matters a lot to owners like you... I mean this in the best possible way!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Very nice....I have the ICE interior with green/white stitch. Love it.

Reactions: Noale_RF

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks lowlight!

I look forward to the day you get yours, it will happen. There's no way to describe the feeling when she's finally in the garage. Amazing. I can finally stop the research / playing with spreadsheets and enjoy the **** thing!

Your comment regarding motorbike riders is spot on lol. I grew up on dirt bikes then transitioned to track riding in 1999 when I was 18. With nearly 20 years of track riding under my belt I can say I'm proficient on 2 wheels but still have a long way to go (the beauty of motorcycles I guess?). Nonetheless I should be able to offer interesting insight of the QV on track, I'm a new membership to a private race track nearby to me www.area27.ca and planning to take full advantage.

Congrats OP!

Dreaming of the day a QV is in my garage too!

Please do share your thoughts once you've experienced the car for a while.

If your anything like my BIL, also a motorcycle owner, a little crazy with need for speed, I think your opinion will really say a lot about the fun-to-drive-ness of the QV. I think that matters a lot to owners like you... I mean this in the best possible way!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats
Thanks LC! I've been lurking for over 6 months and impressed with the level of knowledge and sense of community. Looking forward to contribute any way I can!

Very nice....I have the ICE interior with green/white stitch. Love it.
Ahhh… hate you! It was a tough decision to go black over ICE. I think the ICE interior would've been a good choice based on my options. Enjoy it :)

Welcome! I am over on Vancouver Island with a Montecarlo Blue QV. It really is an awesome car!
The first Q.V. I saw in person was a Monte Carlo blue at the Vancouver Auto Show. Fell in love! Throwing some BC love back at ya - if you're ever interested in hitting Area 27 I can part with a guest pass if you like, just DM me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update -

Today I got two door dents pulled from my passenger side rear door. I suppose a parting gift from a dealer I didn't have the best experience with.

I also ordered a set of 5mm front / rear H&R spacers with extended wheel bolts in black from Essex Distributors . My research + eyeball indicates this is the right size for the OEM+ look. Look forward to a thread on the QV forum once installed. I plan to upgrade 10mm of width on tires (255/295) when I replace the Pirelli's down the road so lets see how long I run these for.

As for suspension I'm pretty much sold on the ST lowering springs but the KW variant 3's are appealing. I like the minimum drop of 0,6" and the fact I can corner balance the car. The downside is the EDC error message on your dash which I'm not crazy about. I was told by Eurocompulsion that KW is working on a solution but has yet to release a fix.

The car goes in for PPF tomorrow morning :)

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
423 Posts
Only 10mm wider front tires?

I think I'll shoot for 20-30mm, but hopefully on 0.5" wider front wheels, don't want to flop over onto the sidewall.

Maybe 10-20mm wider rear tires too.

I like the idea of improved springs but keeping the magnetic shocks, too many good things said about the dynamic adjustable suspension as jeckyl/hyde fun for DD/track duty...BUT if yours is going to spend a lot of time at the track - corner balancing with KW coilovers seems a nice way to go.

Eurocompulsion tune? Exhaust plans?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
The first Q.V. I saw in person was a Monte Carlo blue at the Vancouver Auto Show. Fell in love! Throwing some BC love back at ya - if you're ever interested in hitting Area 27 I can part with a guest pass if you like, just DM me.
That sounds amazing! I've always wanted to try tracking - been meaning to do it at the VI Motorsport Circuit here. Perhaps one day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@truckeroo thanks!
@madness for sure I’ll keep you guys in mind

So I ended up ordering a set of euro spec Eibach’s made specfically for the Q.V. I got them via online US retailer which I’ll write a separate post about. It’s a bit of a gamble after call me Al’s Eibach fiasco but it boiled down to him running the wrong set of springs. This set advertises 0.8” and 1” drop. I’m going to find out spring rates and report back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts