Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Miami FL. Just finalized a deal on a Misano Blue QV! I'm flying up to Pennsylvania tomorrow July 5th to drive her back home. Any advice for a long 1300 mile trek in a brand new QV?? Anything I should pay attention too in the car etc??

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The speed limit ?

Seriously, on open road it's so easy to hit 120 (and so addictive), that you'll need to keep an eye out. The car seems to naturally want to cruise at 90-100. 80 feels slow.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ask how long the car has been on the lot and if the battery has been tendered or charged during this time.

Don't know where your midway point is, but if you're coming down I-95 to Florida, and decide to stop near Raleigh NC at the Benson NC interchange, look me up.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Go through all the checks. Remote start, A/C, radio, car play if equipped. Our car sat for 8 months on the lot and the battery was fine but not sure how Miami humidity is on batteries but the dry desert here is brutal. We bought ours from OH and we regret every day we did not do what you are doing. Fly and ENJOY THE DRIVE. Best 1300 miles. We ended up with a filthy Rosso comp that looked like she had been rolling in the mud for a while. Plus road chips from the truck and drivers that tied the car down and the tow caps needed to be replaced.

So you are smart driving it home. What a gas. Depending what your last car was we were doing head spins when we finally got to drive her. Never did a test drive in a QV just bought it. It is a smooth as silk speed and honestly I agree with all the above 120 is nothing in this car. Super smooth and agile. I am so jealous. I think you should flucuate your RPMs gently through the trip and did you get CCM brakes or Steel rotors?

My husband has me eating crow because I had read a lot of the posts about the lemons and unreliability yadda yadda. So basically I deprived him of the best ride of his life because I was afraid he would be broken down in the middle of nowhere. No problems as one should expect in a new car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Now that is a fun trip, enjoy and be sure to watch the speed limit ..... I've looked down a few times and seen 120 without thinking about it ......

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Though you’ll undoubtedly be tempted to revel in the sonorous Race mode, be mindful of 507 untended horses; all stability aids get shut off. There are many wrecked GQs to attest that it can be a handful. Definitely do have fun, just don’t wreck on the ride home! I did that in my Ti, 3.5hrs off the lot, and it’s a reall joy kill.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Even though the QV engine has supposedly been broken in already at the factory, I’d only recommend trying to vary your rpms during the trip and not sit at a constant rpm or use cruise control for those miles. Maybe even stop at a rest stop a couple times to let it cool and reheat again to get some heat cycles in there. Most of all though, have fun, enjoy the ride and scenery and get to know the car. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
OP, congrats!
Don’t overthink the situation, just drive and enjoy the car! You will have a blast !

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
whatevet ^^ he said!

Sorry for the double post !:grin2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow!! Thank you all for the kind words and advice! I’m coming from a Lexus RCF which I drove down from New York 3 years ago. Just making sure I think of everything Before I hit the road in a car I’ve never driven more than a couple miles on test drive. Really looking forward to it! I mentioned the battery to the dealer and they said they would check everything for me before hand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Auto Express Alfa Romeo in Erie P. A.

Great deal in my opinion. New 2017 Misano blue $61k. Not sure they are willing to discount 18’s that much yet. But they do have one on their site for $68k I believe. Ask for Rick Marazza, he is who helped me out.

Hello from Miami FL. Just finalized a deal on a Misano Blue QV! I'm flying up to Pennsylvania tomorrow July 5th to drive her back home. Any advice for a long 1300 mile trek in a brand new QV?? Anything I should pay attention too in the car etc??

Thanks!
What dealer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has normal steel rotors, 24p package, carbon steering wheel and Harmon Kardon sound. Super excited!! I’m sure there are more but to date I’ve only seen 2 or 3 in miami. ??

Go through all the checks. Remote start, A/C, radio, car play if equipped. Our car sat for 8 months on the lot and the battery was fine but not sure how Miami humidity is on batteries but the dry desert here is brutal. We bought ours from OH and we regret every day we did not do what you are doing. Fly and ENJOY THE DRIVE. Best 1300 miles. We ended up with a filthy Rosso comp that looked like she had been rolling in the mud for a while. Plus road chips from the truck and drivers that tied the car down and the tow caps needed to be replaced.

So you are smart driving it home. What a gas. Depending what your last car was we were doing head spins when we finally got to drive her. Never did a test drive in a QV just bought it. It is a smooth as silk speed and honestly I agree with all the above 120 is nothing in this car. Super smooth and agile. I am so jealous. I think you should flucuate your RPMs gently through the trip and did you get CCM brakes or Steel rotors?

My husband has me eating crow because I had read a lot of the posts about the lemons and unreliability yadda yadda. So basically I deprived him of the best ride of his life because I was afraid he would be broken down in the middle of nowhere. No problems as one should expect in a new car.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Take a couple of laps of the neighborhood before heading south. Hopefully any warning lights or spontaneous maladies will evidence themselves before you hit the road in earnest.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Auto Express Alfa Romeo in Erie P. A.

Great deal in my opinion. New 2017 Misano blue $61k. Not sure they are willing to discount 18’s that much yet. But they do have one on their site for $68k I believe. Ask for Rick Marazza, he is who helped me out.
Be careful getting on it too soon out that way. The troopers north of Pittsburgh are notoriously ticket happy.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,171 Posts
I think there's a recommended 'break in' section in the manual. Have a gander at it. Personally, i *tried* to keep the revs below 2k for the 1k miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think there's a recommended 'break in' section in the manual. Have a gander at it. Personally, i *tried* to keep the revs below 2k for the 1k miles.
There’s no engine break-in procedure in the manual for the QV as the motor is apparently broken in at the factory. The manual specifically notes the break in procedure is for the 2.0 Giulia.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations on:
1) your new ride
2) a smoking deal
3) opportunity to get familiar with her over 1300 miles (I'm envious)

Enjoy the drive back home !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts