Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just ordered our QV from Alfa Romeo of Tacoma, Wa! Trofeo white, white and green stitching, dark 5 hole wheels and black calipers. No CCB's. They told us 6 to 7 months delivery... Anyone have any insight as to how much truth this holds?

Patiently waiting 6 to 7 months is tough. Wish i knew someone close to check theirs out! I haven't even seen one in person yet. Bought it sight unseen. Just youtube videos and this forum convinced me it's worth it!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
brilliant - I think the unseen will add to the excitement! Congrats in the purchase

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome! The car will probably arrive sooner than the quoted timeframe. I think the dealer's initiative there is to under-promise and over-deliver.

At the onset of the order process, their hands are tied. If they have an available allocation they may not know for a month as to when the build process even starts.

Here's to getting it soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, although slightly different. Living in Portland, local dealer insisted on MSRP + $10k. Told them to bugger off, and started calling around. Dealer in Kirkland, WA had one already on order that matched my specs exactly, except for Rosso Alfa instead of RC, and they were willing to give it to me for "just" MSRP, with a $10k deposit. Tried using the chat feature yesterday to check on status, but it kept timing out, so I called the customer service line, and they tell me it's in the "auditing" phase, which apparently means it's close to being done. With shipping time, I'm hoping maybe for early June?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in a similar boat, although slightly different. Living in Portland, local dealer insisted on MSRP + $10k. Told them to bugger off, and started calling around. Dealer in Kirkland, WA had one already on order that matched my specs exactly, except for Rosso Alfa instead of RC, and they were willing to give it to me for "just" MSRP, with a $10k deposit. Tried using the chat feature yesterday to check on status, but it kept timing out, so I called the customer service line, and they tell me it's in the "auditing" phase, which apparently means it's close to being done. With shipping time, I'm hoping maybe for early June?
I got mine at Alfa of Tacoma. I only had to put down a $1,000 deposit. Seems like every dealer is a little different on the way they do things. I was in and out in 10 minuets at the dealer. Seemed to easy! I guess it'll take longer once the cars here and you have to actually purchase the QV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm guessing 10 minutes at pickup isn't going to happen! ;)

Even if you're paying cash, there's plenty of paperwork and other nonsense, plus they have to pitch you on buying every extended service plan and warranty and all that jazz. And if you're paying cash, then they hassle you about where you got the money!!!

I'd probably plan to invest closer to a couple of hours, especially if you want to take a little time to check it out, make sure it's in good shape, they haven't been giving out lots of test drives, and all of the software updates are addressed.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Probably is smart to get the tire/wheel insurance on this car. I normally wave all the offers, but the Tecnico wheels are kinds of $$$. I'm wondering if they ask the usual $500 for it. That would be a bargain.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Freeman, Our dealer in Coeur d"Alene, ID has a Trofeo white QV "IN TRANSIT" listed on their website. I have been working with Kyle Galaz there to get my Ti ordered. So far (knock on carbon fibre), they have been quite good to work with. $1000 down to order/hold but no real negotiations yet to get them below MSRP...
I don't know what color stitching it has; I couldn't tell from website, but it might be worth looking into. I would think it will be here a good while before the one you just ordered.
IF you call them, tell Kyle that Torrey Vail from Liberty Lake, WA steered you to them. Good Luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
We just ordered our QV from Alfa Romeo of Tacoma, Wa! Trofeo white, white and green stitching, dark 5 hole wheels and black calipers. No CCB's. They told us 6 to 7 months delivery... Anyone have any insight as to how much truth this holds?

Patiently waiting 6 to 7 months is tough. Wish i knew someone close to check theirs out! I haven't even seen one in person yet. Bought it sight unseen. Just youtube videos and this forum convinced me it's worth it!
Here are the details that I just got form Kyle:
Trofeo white QV. Black Leather & Alcantara seats with white and green stitching.
Dark 5-hole wheels. Carbon fibre steering wheel. HK premium audio.
Driver assist Dynamic Plus pkg., lane departure, forward collision, adaptive cruise, auto Hi-beam headlight control, & infrared windshield.
NO IDEA what color calipers.
MSRP: $79,095 . I did not talk to him about price other than MSRP (to make sure it didn't have CCBs). He says there are several people interested in this particular car, but he doesn't know if any of them are really ready to get out the checkbook.
It should be in any day. He said he would give me (or you) a call as soon as it hits the lot to give you 1st right of refusal if you wish.
He has been great to work with when I ordered my Giulia Ti and unlike the guys at 3 other dealers that I have called or visited, he really seems knowledgable and enthusiastic about the brand.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just make sure you work with Kyle, he appears to be the only one there that really has taken the time to fall in love with the Alfa and the Alfisti!!

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
Alfa of Tacoma

I think you guys are talking about Alfa Romeo of Tacoma, not Alfa of Tacoma >:)

http://www.alfaoftacoma.com

Carlo and Lino Durante have been running Alfa of Tacoma just about forever, and have maintained their franchise agreement, but unfortunately were not offered a new car franchise when Alfa re-entered the market. So Tacoma is in the unique position of having 2 "official" Alfa Romeo dealers, one from Alfa's legacy period and another offering current models. As far as I know that has not happened anywhere else in the country. Must be quite confusing...

·
Registered
103 Posts

Have they told u u ordered 2018 model or 2017.
If it is 18 it is possible to expecting end of this year. Plant is under huge stress on both parts and production for current order on QV. That's reason why I ordered 2017 last month instead of wait to may to order 2018 model

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I just figured out I can have my down payment in my brokerage account very easily by trading some of my winners and losers. Still need to talk to the car guy advisor at the firm next week. I plan to put 25% down plus some more if I can't get a break from the dealer. I think they owe though, so I'm hopeful. Order should only require a deposit, right?
:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
John_K_348 - "Order should only require a deposit, right?"

-Yep, usually $1000 will do it, even for a QV. Don't wait too long though because it appears that each dealer only has a certain number of special order Giulias that they can put in for.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ordered my QV on 3/11/17 and the dealer gave me the assigned VIN this week.
Soon they will build it.

Competition Red with the red interior accents.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm guessing 10 minutes at pickup isn't going to happen! ;)

Even if you're paying cash, there's plenty of paperwork and other nonsense, plus they have to pitch you on buying every extended service plan and warranty and all that jazz. And if you're paying cash, then they hassle you about where you got the money!!!

I'd probably plan to invest closer to a couple of hours, especially if you want to take a little time to check it out, make sure it's in good shape, they haven't been giving out lots of test drives, and all of the software updates are addressed.

My wife and I bought our Giulia from the Tacoma Alfa dealer and it was the most hassle-free and pleasant car-buying experience in more than 60 years of car ownership.

An extended warranty was mentioned. We said no and that was that. There was absolutely no pressure to add on a warranty or any thing else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts