Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course the wheels I got for snow tire duty came in today now that the temps in NY are going to be 60-70° today and tomorrow.

One side note: the FedEx delivery guy dropped them off in he front of the house so I put them all on a dolly to bring them out back to the garage and as I was going up the driveway I heard some russling in the bushes and a black and white cat caught my eye... then I realized it was a baby skunk! I saw a large adult one run over on Saturday and I have a feeling it’s the disoriented baby. He looked distressed and was trying to hunker down in a shady spot so I don’t think he’s rabid. Poor little guy is kinda cute but my heart stopped the moment I saw what it was the way a skunk only seems to stop you in your tracks...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Being a little nosy, do you have multiple gas meters? That black plastic cover reminds me of houses I've had with well water and pressure sewer. I don' t miss those days. Lots of skunks in our neighborhood. A sign of a healthy environment?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My driveway runs right on the property line and those are my neighbor’s meters, it’s a multi-family house. That black thing is a lid for that trash can. I think they just use that can for leaves etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Jerry, are those wheels the ones advertised on Ebay from Italy? Who did you buy them from and are they as you expected them (size, finish, etc)?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We have tons of skunks around here. It’s a rare week I don’t smell one at some point. I had one that got trapped in my garage a couple months ago when I must have left the door open too long unattended after dark and he snuck and stayed hidden behind some clutter during the day. The only reason I knew he was in there was every morning the push broom I kept in a corner would end up under the car. The first time it happened it was a head scratcher. The second time I realized an animal must have dragged it. I set up a webcam that night and saw him come out when it was dark. The worst was when I was cutting crown molding after dark last year in the garage and one walked right in like he didn’t even care I was there, their vision supposedly is terrible though, and I slowly evacuated the garage and watched til he left.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
nice wheels! Like those. You going TPMS sensor hunting now?

I live in the woods and have a family of skunks that live over the wall... my dog got into a fight with one once and actually won (rare)... the blood was all over my front door and porch about 10 ft high and the smell... *shudder*. To top it off, we thought he had his mouth damaged in the fight but turned out he was just chewing on the leg he ripped off... :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does the person/company you bought those from sell the Technico rims???
Thx
Yeah he has all kinds I believe.

Hey Jerry, are those wheels the ones advertised on Ebay from Italy? Who did you buy them from and are they as you expected them (size, finish, etc)?
Yeah he’s the same guy. I ended up chatting with him and if you contact him directly he can forgo eBay and even PayPal/currency conversion fees and save you more money. I still ended up using PayPal and it was like $1400 shipped for the set. My car had the lighter weight forged technicos which I’ll use for the summer tires and I’ll use the five holes for winter tires. I like the idea of having both. I’ll take some photos of them all. The one I looked at looks good so far...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
so are you going to try your hand at bottle feeding a baby skunk?
the wheels you have are the only choice for stevio quads on the french site, so I think that's what I'm getting - unless something appears when they get the configurator here.
I like the wheel, but might end up plastidipping them bright

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so are you going to try your hand at bottle feeding a baby skunk?
the wheels you have are the only choice for stevio quads on the french site, so I think that's what I'm getting - unless something appears when they get the configurator here.
I like the wheel, but might end up plastidipping them bright
While he’s adorable and it breaks my heart to see a baby animal distressed like that it’s the one animal I won’t approach under any circumstances.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
I've heard that skunks make wonderful pets.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thx
I bought tecnicos from kitwheels_tires on ebay. Here's a set but it's 4 fronts. You can try contacting him to see if he has a complete set.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here are some photos of them unboxed. I weighted them too they seem to vary about 1-2 oz on each size but the fronts are about 25lbs 1oz and the rears are about 26lbs 5oz. I put the two rears in the trunk and wrapped the plastic sheet foam they came with around the fronts and put them in fresh garbage bags in the back seat to take them to the detailer to have them ceramic coated. I wasn’t going to bother because this set is for winter tires but they’re probably gonna get even more dirty and they’ll be much easy to clean. One thing I noticed is the technicos have a glossy coat on the inner barrel identical to the front of the wheel while these five holes don’t seem as glossy on the barrel. They are painted but they look less shiny inside than the technicos. The seller threw in some cheap center caps but they are bright silver and don’t really go. Nice for free though...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx
I bought tecnicos from kitwheels_tires on ebay. Here's a set but it's 4 fronts. You can try contacting him to see if he has a complete set.
I have his direct line cell and WhatsApp if anyone wants to contact him. He seems pretty straightforward and speaks relatively good English, much better than my Italian!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah there’re silver, they have blue plastic protective film on them, I peeled back a little and they look silver/aluminum...

·
Registered
449 Posts
So great that there seems to be more comments about the skunk than about the wheels! Love it. Of course, we had skunks keeping house under my prior house porch and it cost for each one to be taken away after trapping! The cage was free but removal was not. (Elk Grove Village, IL). Good luck raising one!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I also got tecnicos from the same guy. Did you guys have to pay custom fees to Fedex? I got a letter in the mail today...

·
Registered
692 Posts
I also got tecnicos from the same guy. Did you guys have to pay custom fees to Fedex? I got a letter in the mail today...
Yes, I did, about $40 iirc. My wheels had TPMS and correct center caps included.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got them today so nothing from FedEx yet. That’s scary to get a surprise cost pop up. If it’s only $40 I won’t be too upset. These don’t have the real caps and TPMS but they do look brand new. I offhandedly asked my car’s dealer what a spare set was and he said he wasn’t sure because no one had ordered a set but thought they’d run $4-$5k :surprise: one half to one third dealer cost ain’t a bad deal...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts