Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just sharing this TV spot touting a new tuning box created by an Italian tuning firm. Details are not even up on their website yet, but suspect we'll hear more soon enough. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Pt1hMFwlRdo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Be careful trying to improve on perfection!

Years ago I spent several thousand US$ buying an aftermarket set up for my Porsche RS America from a prestigious German company (not Ruf). Included computer, exhaust, "high performance air filter" and a few other parts. Installed by experienced Porsche mechanic. The car perfomance not only did not improve, but deteriorated drastically. The engine started detonating. Acceleration dropped. Had it checked by two additional reputable Porsche mechanics. The issue resolved only after removing the aftermarket pieces and going back to factory standards.

I would be very cautious before trying to make the Giulia Q "better" with non Alfa parts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful trying to improve on perfection!

Years ago I spent several thousand US$ buying an aftermarket set up for my Porsche RS America from a prestigious German company (not Ruf). Included computer, exhaust, "high performance air filter" and a few other parts. Installed by experienced Porsche mechanic. The car perfomance not only did not improve, but deteriorated drastically. The engine started detonating. Acceleration dropped. Had it checked by two additional reputable Porsche mechanics. The issue resolved only after removing the aftermarket pieces and going back to factory standards.

I would be very cautious before trying to make the Giulia Q "better" with non Alfa parts.
Definitely agree on messing with the Quadrifoglio, but am starting to get so comfortable with it that I'm craving a bit more power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts