Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Story from the past:
I bought a new Giulia Super in 1968 and my buddy had a Porsche 356 normal Coupe. He could really drive it--opposite lock when going through "S" turns in the dry.

Problem was that revving to 5800 would bend the pushrods. Expensive.

At the start of the ski season I drove the Giulia up to Whistler. In showing off in the wet, went deep into the turns and was shifting at 7,000. Gary could not beleive it.
Traded the 356 in for a white Super. He was a doctor at the hospital and in the lunch room metioned that he bought an Alfa, Docs looked out the window to see it. In looking for a sportscar said "Where is it?"

Gary said "It's the white boxy sedan"

"You traded the Porsche for that--why?"

"Better car."

:)

With the new Giulia, Alfa has got it right. In their day, the 105 Giulias were outstanding.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That would be fun. My friend (with a fully restored 1964 Giulia Ti) told me that there is a Cars and Coffee get together soon on Las Olas. Any info?
If you have an Instagram give us a follow at AlfaRomeoSouthFlorida .. I haven't heard of any cars and coffee in las olas

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome aboard and Happy Motoring....

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Welcome! Love your avatar ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've read a lot here lately about QV actually competing with or surpassing Porsche in fun-to-drive-ness...surely this is hyperbole?!

I mean, I love sedans as much as the next guy, probably more - methinks this is a combination of the new car honeymoon period + rose-colored glasses, no?

I'd love to believe it. Used 997 Turbo (if I ever got a Porsche I'd think I'd have to get a Turbo otherwise I'd always wish I would've) is falling into the 80K range; enough were I'm sorta contemplating as my next purchase - though a QV remains a more likely scenario.

991.2 GTS or Carrera S might work as a Turbo-lite so to speak. Anyway, just talking out loud here...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've read a lot here lately about QV actually competing with or surpassing Porsche in fun-to-drive-ness...surely this is hyperbole?!

I mean, I love sedans as much as the next guy, probably more - methinks this is a combination of the new car honeymoon period + rose-colored glasses, no?

I'd love to believe it. Used 997 Turbo (if I ever got a Porsche I'd think I'd have to get a Turbo otherwise I'd always wish I would've) is falling into the 80K range; enough were I'm sorta contemplating as my next purchase - though a QV remains a more likely scenario.

991.2 GTS or Carrera S might work as a Turbo-lite so to speak. Anyway, just talking out loud here...
I've posted a few times here about how I am hemming and hawing about getting a QV (and I still am for various reasons). Anyway, I am coming from a 997.2 Turbo and based on my single test drive the QV reminded me very much of the Turbo. I also tested a 991 S and strangely enough it didn't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts