Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time fan of this car who finally pulled the trigger!!! I’ve always gone on forums looking at peoples new rides but never had the chance to share my experience with others. I just put the deposit down and will be picking up my car this week. I’m so excited and can’t wait to get driving this beautiful car. I really can’t believe I found this 2017 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio with only 4,401 km clean title with 6 months remaining warranty. I never thought I’d own this but it happened. Here are some pics of me and my French Bulldog with the car.
So in short is there anything I need to know or do that’s different from “normal” cars. I’m coming out of a 2015 BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe with M performance package l and ll. I wondering how much different this will be if anyone has made this switch.

72C50C95-772E-4294-B4E6-2D8DA82D5B3C.jpeg
CD98555C-D2C5-449E-A223-0FA62EE0F312.jpeg
E62FF9D5-0F3B-4280-A2FB-C49A7F9D1D3E.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I
I would drive it hard in those 6 months while under warranty to find any issues.
[/QUOTE
That’s exactly what I wanted to know. If it’s good and I enjoy it I’ll keep it, if I love it and it has some issues I can still purchase a Mopar warranty.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats, drive the car like it's intended but remember to let her warm up correctly, take care of her and she'll take care of you.

It's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That, my friend, is the car I was looking for. The dark blue with the yellow calipers was not available when I was shopping a few months ago. Absolutely love the car. I hope you don't have the Corsa tyres in Canada-they are meant for summer. Spend time on the board-some great information here. Get an oil change as soon as you can. I do that on any new purchase car just to start fresh. Weather permitted drive as much as you can. Lastly, take loads of photos of your car and the pug. Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As with any high end used car, I would seriously consider spending the money on an extended warranty. The relatively small price is worth the piece of mind.
I purchased mine used from Alfa dealer and was told you can extend the warranty anytime prior to the original one running out. However I was also told if I choose to purchase the EW after I took possession of the car that they would have to perform a full diagnostic at a cost before extending the warranty. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As with any high end used car, I would seriously consider spending the money on an extended warranty. The relatively small price is worth the piece of mind.
I purchased mine used from Alfa dealer and was told you can extend the warranty anytime prior to the original one running out. However I was also told if I choose to purchase the EW after I took possession of the car that they would have to perform a full diagnostic at a cost before extending the warranty. Just something to keep in mind.
Just to expand on this, The warrant you want to buy is Mopar Maxcare which is an extended exclusionary warranty (AKA the list of things is not covered rather then covered) and since that list is almost non-existant, it's a true bumper to bumper warranty. There are deductibles between $200 to $0 and timeframes from 8 years 100k miles to as short as 5 years 12k miles. Every FCA dealer honors them as it is a manufacture backed warranty and is basically an extension of your factory warranty.

After 3 years a vehicle can no longer buy the warranty which starts from date of purchase (IE a 8 year warranty is really only 4-5 years depending on your powertrain/b2b) and you buy a warranty which is nearly double but starts from the date you purchase it. That requires a pre-check by the dealer which is just a sheet and they charge an hours labor usually to fill it out or sometimes free if your buying the warranty through them anyway.

To get pricing check out Zegilar or Chryslerwarrantydirect. Do not pay MSRP for a plan.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Just to expand on this, The warrant you want to buy is Mopar Maxcare which is an extended exclusionary warranty (AKA the list of things is not covered rather then covered) and since that list is almost non-existant, it's a true bumper to bumper warranty. There are deductibles between $200 to $0 and timeframes from 8 years 100k miles to as short as 5 years 12k miles. Every FCA dealer honors them as it is a manufacture backed warranty and is basically an extension of your factory warranty.

After 3 years a vehicle can no longer buy the warranty which starts from date of purchase (IE a 8 year warranty is really only 4-5 years depending on your powertrain/b2b) and you buy a warranty which is nearly double but starts from the date you purchase it. That requires a pre-check by the dealer which is just a sheet and they charge an hours labor usually to fill it out or sometimes free if your buying the warranty through them anyway.

To get pricing check out Zegilar or Chryslerwarrantydirect. Do not pay MSRP for a plan.
not sure the dealer does any warranty pre checks since COVID. I know of 3 people who have not had any cars checked. Purchase online and they send you paperwork and that’s basically it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not sure the dealer does any warranty pre checks since COVID. I know of 3 people who have not had any cars checked. Purchase online and they send you paperwork and that’s basically it.
Interesting, We didn't try but I bought it for my Viper ACRE and figured they'd throw a fit so my dealer filled out the form since it requires a Dealer service code and Tech name/signature. This was prime COVID in NY as well (Juneish)

Any used owners who dealers would love to point shit out, nows the time to buy lol

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Interesting, We didn't try but I bought it for my Viper ACRE and figured they'd throw a fit so my dealer filled out the form since it requires a Dealer service code and Tech name/signature. This was prime COVID in NY as well (Juneish)

Any used owners who dealers would love to point shit out, nows the time to buy lol
“you figured they would throw a fit.” I guess that’s the answer right there. You told on yourself lol. Do it online and it’s no questions. I did mine in April. Never met anyone. Never looked at car. Nothing. A friend did his in august. Same process. Another friend did his shortly after. Same process. They never looked at car. Nothing. Fill out online. Pay the down payment and that’s that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I’m going to be putting many miles on during this 6 months so hopefully any gremlins will come out. I got a few prices for warranty but I’ll wait and see. Most likely if I enjoy this car like I think I will, I’ll be purchasing one before the warranty expires. In Canada all we can do is shop around but I’m going to try and get some quotes from other provinces and see what the price differences are. Anyone have a contact at Mopar for this and what have other Canadians done and what kind of prices have you gotten.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That, my friend, is the car I was looking for. The dark blue with the yellow calipers was not available when I was shopping a few months ago. Absolutely love the car. I hope you don't have the Corsa tyres in Canada-they are meant for summer. Spend time on the board-some great information here. Get an oil change as soon as you can. I do that on any new purchase car just to start fresh. Weather permitted drive as much as you can. Lastly, take loads of photos of your car and the pug. Cheers.
You know I live in White Rock which is the farthest west Town in Canada on the ocean. We never get snow only rain and it rarely goes below zero! Best place to live in Canada I tell you especially if you love the ocean and mountains!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Was in the vicinity a couple of years ago. Very nice place. My favourite was Victoria. North by North something. Sorry don't remember the exact name. Those roads were made for driving. Actually saw a line of Lambos and Ferraris getting ticketed on my way back from Whistler. Cheers!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Long time fan of this car who finally pulled the trigger!!! I’ve always gone on forums looking at peoples new rides but never had the chance to share my experience with others. I just put the deposit down and will be picking up my car this week. I’m so excited and can’t wait to get driving this beautiful car. I really can’t believe I found this 2017 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio with only 4,401 km clean title with 6 months remaining warranty. I never thought I’d own this but it happened. Here are some pics of me and my French Bulldog with the car.
So in short is there anything I need to know or do that’s different from “normal” cars. I’m coming out of a 2015 BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe with M performance package l and ll. I wondering how much different this will be if anyone has made this switch.
Congrats on your QV! Where abouts in Canada are you located? Do you plan to drive it during the winter months?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your QV! Where abouts in Canada are you located? Do you plan to drive it during the winter months?
I live in White Rock which is about 5 minutes from the Peace Arch Border. It’s the farthest south and west that you can live in Canada. I will be driving it year round with the summer tires. It rarely snows here and because it’s right on the ocean it rarely goes below zero. I have Michelin P4S’s on my bmw and have no issues. If it does snow for a day then I shut it down as the roads and my driveway is crazy steep. So basically a day off work!!! It always melts the next day and is slush so no big deal. I’m originally from Winnipeg where it’s snows for 6 months a year!!! This is a cake walk here in the winter 😂
I can’t wait to pick up my car. Having a million different thoughts......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stock tires aren’t great in cold weather. I’m guessing they are frightening in snow. Zieglar Mopar warranty is a really good idea. Battery may be getting old for a 2017, and mine caused a lot of error codes requiring an overnight stay at the dealer when it went dead and I had to jump it. I would replace it as a preventative measure if it is original. My radiator also had a very small leak and required replacement during the regular annual service. You will want to watch that fluid level. There are some quirks, but it is a great car. Surprisingly comfortable and very fast.

Only ongoing annoyance is the way the gas gauge suddenly drops to zero from an eighth of a tank. I almost ran out of gas when I first had the car, so do watch that.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio Misano
11 Posts
congratulations, enjoy your QV. Some things that have surprised me so far - this car is super comfortable to drive, not what I expected at all for a 505hp sports sedan. The suspension absorbs harsh bumps but gives you such great feel for the road at the same time. I came off of several E90s and a E60 545i, and this car is in a different category of performance. Things happen so quickly I had to adjust my driving habits to be more precise and alert, but everything is easier, if that makes any sense. Oh, and the fuel tank lid is on the other side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts