Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I finally fell to the Alfa allure and ordered a 18' Ti Sport Q4 (comp rosso). I plan on picking it up this weekend. I know cars have a break in period, what would be a good time (or total kms/miles) until I can start exploring the vehicles range of performance? I dont plan on hammering it, but know its always good to baby the first little bit. Also should I not drive past 100km/h or 60mph as well?

THoughts /inputs always appreciated.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Break in recommendations are in the owners manual. I have had mine for less than a week and have just over 600 miles on her. All I can say is good luck trying to "go easy" because Giulia begs to be driven. Mostly just do your best until after about 1k miles. Then go to manual mode and have fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dealer told me when I picked up the car that there was no break-in on the non-QV models, after I asked specifically. With a modern 2.0T four-cylinder sitting in the engine compartment of every mainline Audi, Bimmer, Merc, Lexus, Cadillac..., I'd be surprised if 10% of the owners honored any sort of break-in period at all.

That said, I'm not flogging the car up to 6000 rpm most days anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts