Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from San Antonio. Just purchased a 2018 a Guilia Sport with Silverstone grey metallic exterior and red leather interior with nav, sport package, and other goodies. The dealership is120 miles away in Austin and will be picking up the car next Tuesday. We got a great deal from the dealership, over $5k reduction from MSRP. We had the dealer include a alpha polo shirt, two ball caps and two key chains. Our only concern is reliability. 120 miles is a long way to go for service. Don't mind once or twice a year but could be a problem over that. Please weigh in as to what I can expect besiidesan awesome ride. We are excited about ownership of one of the most iconic brands on the planet.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome and congrats. I've just taken mine for her yearly free service and experienced zero issues int he last 12 months. It's always going to depend on the luck of the draw but you shouldn't expect problems imo as there's far more who 've had no issues vs. problems. The problems seem to be mostly simple software updates / dealer mess ups too.

Word of advise as you're going 120 miles... make sure you check in tire pressures before you leave the lot.. they set a lot of them to close to 60 psi and you don't want to be going 120 miles on that. Also make sure they've installed all software updates.

Enjoy and let us know your experiences!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi from San Antonio. Just purchased a 2018 a Guilia Sport with Silverstone grey metallic exterior and red leather interior with nav, sport package, and other goodies. The dealership is120 miles away in Austin and will be picking up the car next Tuesday. We got a great deal from the dealership, over $5k reduction from MSRP. We had the dealer include a alpha polo shirt, two ball caps and two key chains. Our only concern is reliability. 120 miles is a long way to go for service. Don't mind once or twice a year but could be a problem over that. Please weigh in as to what I can expect besiidesan awesome ride. We are excited about ownership of one of the most iconic brands on the planet.
I have 11,700+ miles on our Giulia Q4 since June of 2017, and I can tell you she's been mechanically sound. No worries of being stranded, broken down, etc. The only issue I had was a "max oil exceeded" notice - it was just a sensor that needed to be reset after the first service. Outside of that, she's been bullet proof so far!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am in the same boat here as far as distance to the nearest dealer, 170 miles to the closest and over 200 to any other dealer. Just picked up my Ti Sport less than a month ago, have over 1500 miles so far with a 5 hour one way road trip this last weekend. Love the car, love the drive, and can't see myself in any other car. Welcome and Congrats and I am sure you will enjoy her as much as we all do here.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Ooh, Silverstone on red is hot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

In case you missed the thread: When Principle Auto Group gave up (or lost?) the Alfa Romeo franchise in San Antonio several weeks ago I called them and they indicated that Barrett Maserati would take over. I then called BM and they confirmed but that it might be late March or April before they have everything in place for Alfa sales and service.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice! Congrats.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds like a really nice color combo. I ordered a Stromboli on Red (sounds like an Italian pasta dish!) after dithering over all three gray metallics available. Post a pic when you have it, i'd love to see it. Mine will be quite a while, as its being built in Italy.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congrats and enjoy...you have nothing to worry about....other than the smiles you will be wearing..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks everyone, Tuesday can't come soon enough, as far as paint protection, what do you recommend?
I had Xpel and Opti Coat Pro Plus done on mine. Looks great and easy to clean and you really can't tell it's there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts