Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

New Giulia TI Sport owner here. Also my first time getting a new car and I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to take care of the exterior and make it look nice. I'm a complete novice at this so I was wondering if anyone could share advice on how they've been cleaning or waxing their Giulia's and with what kits they've been using. The extent of my knowledge is pretty much car wash = bad, and microfiber = good.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Get a Ceramic Coat for the car.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome to the forum :smile2:
Congrats on your first new car :grin2:

My first new car ever was my Alfa Romeo 4C :grin2:
My second new car was our Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Q2 (shared with my wife) :grin2:

The paint on the Giulia is rather robust. We have over 10k miles now with no noticeable chipping. We never done anything except wash and wax. I use carnuba wax and baby diapers.

I should have ceramic coated my 4C, but I didn't and now it looks like it has 50,000 miles on it. It does have 28,000 now :grin2:

Before doing a ceramic coat, be sure to have (or do it yourself) the paint rubbed out. Some call it 'color correction'. Many will offer all sorts of advice, not that any of it will be wrong, but, ceramic coating is the best with the longest duration. It also costs the most, which is why many choose other paths.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally I wash my car every week, cause I hate dirty cars. Though I get it detailed maximum once a month through this site. Especially because it is exposed to the hot sunlight and heat down where I live. So it needs regular detailing to look good

·
Registered
402 Posts
A touch-free car-wash is okay for cars, ex. the type that shoots water and soap on it.

That said, nothing beats a hand waxing.

Griot's has some good starter kits, as well as what I would consider the best videos on the internet regarding detailing. See "how to" section or click on any product.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/search.do?query=kits

that said, it's easy to go overboard and spend 10 hours on a car. Do do that, unless you love doing it. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wash mine every week! Been using Adam’s Polishes for a few years now! Love it

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I didn't go with ceramic based on not wanting to have to deal with any scuffs etc. Mine's holding up good too and I've done a couple of track days with her.

I use snow foam / snow cannon pre-washing
Autoglym (UK brand) shampoo
Wolfgang sealant (lasts about 4/5 months). I chose this over the wax and am very happy.
Chemical guys scent free for leather cleaner/interior

Also got a power buffer for xmas which I will try soonish. Will also be getting one of those spinny wheel cleaners too as they get good reviews :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been checking out the Wolfgang sealant. How would you compare it to Collinite 845 or Pinnacle Signature II Carnuba's. I used to use Autoglym HD and it was a great wax but cant seem to find it in the States anymore.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I tend to wash the car every week as I like a clean car, and I use the typical fiber cloths and Mother's, and it seems to be looking good to me. Ask yourself if you want a ceramic coating. If you lease the car, I would not spend the money on it, but if you plan to own it, it is probably worth it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
By the time I got the car to a detailer for paint correction and a ceramic coat, areas like the piano black B pillars were quite 'swirly'. After correcting it, he gave a pretty good tip to to maintain it, and the rest of the paintwork. After a wash with a good slick shampoo, use a blower to get the bulk of the water off. Then when you pull the microfibre over the surface, it has less to absorb. Never thought of that!

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
523 Posts
I've been using a Black and Decker 19volt blower for years on my 164. Lightweight, no cord to drag around. Got the idea from a Porsche owner.

Reactions: juz

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey Everyone,

New Giulia TI Sport owner here. Also my first time getting a new car and I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to take care of the exterior and make it look nice. I'm a complete novice at this so I was wondering if anyone could share advice on how they've been cleaning or waxing their Giulia's and with what kits they've been using. The extent of my knowledge is pretty much car wash = bad, and microfiber = good.

Mate, this thread might be helpful to you if you are looking for DIY ceramic and a solid, easy care regime. Bout to do mine this weekend if the weather is fine.

cleaning panoramic black / glass roof?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=33130&share_type=t

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts