Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been participating a bit here in anticipation of picking up my new Alfa Rosso '19 Giulia Ti Sport Carbon AWD this past Saturday. My name is Tom, and I live about 20 mins from Philadelphia in a town called Conshohocken. I'm coming off of a 3-year lease of a '16 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD and was cross-shopping the Giulia with a BMW M340i xDrive and Genesis G70 Dynamic AWD. The Giulia ultimately won out because of the driving experience and style. My wife has a Trofeo White '19 Stelvio Ti Lusso that she picked up in February, which she loves and I've always enjoyed driving. As with her Stelvio, Tyler Holliday from Jeff D'Ambrosio Alfa Romeo FIAT took good care of me.

I'm happy that this forum exists and am looking forward to chatting with you all. As this is leased, I won't be doing anything crazy to it, but will be adding the QV spoiler, tints, and perhaps a cat back exhaust and higher performance air intake. We'll see. For now, I love it as-is.

Here's some pics of the new addition to the family:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Executive car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive design

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Congrats on new car. Conshy has changed a lot last few decades...My godfather owned a bar out that way and when my older sister was a baby, my dad and family were in bar (that’s what good parents did back then lol) heavyweight champ joe Frazier asked
My dad if he could hold my sister. Naturally my godfather and dad instantly asked him why and he responded “I never held a white baby before”. It was 1974. So that’s my sisters claim to fame haha. Smokin joe always showed my family respect. Always kept in contact with my godfather. He was class act and great champ. Real philly fighter. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on new car. Conshy has changed a lot last few decades...My godfather owned a bar out that way and when my older sister was a baby, my dad and family were in bar (that’s what good parents did back then lol) heavyweight champ joe Frazier asked
My dad if he could hold my sister. Naturally my godfather and dad instantly asked him why and he responded “I never held a white baby before”. It was 1974. So that’s my sisters claim to fame haha. Smokin joe always showed my family respect. Always kept in contact with my godfather. He was class act and great champ. Real philly fighter. Enjoy the car.
Yeah, Conshy is transforming from old-school steel town into a modern semi-urban center for commerce and business. We have some work to do to fix the resulting traffic and parking issues from the economic expansion, but the changes have been mostly positive. We see some "old Conshy vs new Conshy" stuff flare up from time-to-time, but that's normal for any evolving town. We're ultimately all neighbors and want what's best for everyone who lives, works, and visits here. I grew up in Frankford, so I'm a big fan of all the local businesses, although we need some sort of food market.

Cool story about Smokin' Joe. Lots of great local stories about him, all of them that I've heard have been great. Seems like he was a nice person. What was the name of your godfather's bar?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome, car looks great. My wife and I have friends all over that area (Malvern, Berwyn, Radnor, Oreland) and I went to school in Bethlehem so I know the area well though I didn't grow up in PA.

Thankfully you don't need front plates, but man the PA ones might even be uglier than the NY ones on most car colors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, car looks great. My wife and I have friends all over that area (Malvern, Berwyn, Radnor, Oreland) and I went to school in Bethlehem so I know the area well though I didn't grow up in PA.

Thankfully you don't need front plates, but man the PA ones might even be uglier than the NY ones on most car colors.
Thanks. Loving the car. And don't get me started on our hideous plates. They look OK on blue cars and that's about it. We used to have an all blacked-out DARE plate. Cool looking plate, terrible "education" program. Now, even our specialty plates look like this. Ugh.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, my best college buddy has a black DARE plate on his murdered out Audi RS5. Looks awesome.

How did the car fare in the snowstorm?
It never really snowed, just a dusting in the AM. Thought it may snow on our way to the 76ers game, but it was just rain and flurries, so snow performance remains TBD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very similar situation! I just bought my '17 Red Guilia Ti in the same color last night. Bought it in Wall Twp, NJ. I live in the Medford NJ area, so nearby. I was driving up on the Garden State Parkway in that "snow/sorta freezing rain" storm to go look at this car I got the night after. Sorry for the Hijack!

Reactions: TGPhilly

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very similar situation! I just bought my '17 Red Guilia Ti in the same color last night. Bought it in Wall Twp, NJ. I live in the Medford NJ area, so nearby. I was driving up on the Garden State Parkway in that "snow/sorta freezing rain" storm to go look at this car I got the night after. Sorry for the Hijack!
Congrats on the new ride! Did you get the Q2 or the Q4? How many miles on it when you bought it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not quite sure to be honest lol... but they do well in all this rain!
I swapped the staggered RFT summers for staggered Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ on my Q4 and have been happy with them. Great dry performance, great wet performance, low road noise, firm but not overly stiff sidewalls. Haven’t driven in snow yet with my Giulia, but they were great on my Q50 RS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I swapped the staggered RFT summers for staggered Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ on my Q4 and have been happy with them. Great dry performance, great wet performance, low road noise, firm but not overly stiff sidewalls. Haven’t driven in snow yet with my Giulia, but they were great on my Q50 RS.
very nice!

Well if you decide to go with dedicated winters, I have a staggered 18x8 and 18x9 set for sale with Michelin winter tires.
i'll let you know!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.