Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been around on the forum for a while but just recently became an official owner so I thought I should give an intro and show a picture of my car. This is not my first Alfa, but it is my first new alfa and it's been 20 years since I've bought any Alfa. I live in Apex NC (near Raleigh). I've done club and track events in the past and at one time was fairly active with the local owner's club. I also previously started and maintained an Alfa 164 informational site which turned into an early forum for 164 owners - long before alfabb and others. I come from a family of car lovers and I inherited my interest in Italian cars from my Dad who raced in the original Mille Miglia in the 50's and exposed his sons to many interesting cars over the years.

I'm really excited about having an Alfa again as my daily driver. There's something special about these cars that can't be matched by any other car in its class.

I look forward to participating in this forum and sharing information that I learn with the group.

Here's a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Winston-Salem. Just got a base Giulia. Hope to see you at VIR sometime.

I might do that once I become get to know the car. What club do you go with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually did VIR North back in 2010 with MAARC (mid Atlantic Alfa Romeo club). I knew very little of Alfa’s then as the brand left the states right around when I got my license. It was an interesting experience although I wish I had taken the time to learn more about the brand. Do you recall the gentleman who ran the track alignment/tire shop in Morrisville? I have forgotten his name but I remember he was into Alfa’s as well. Trofeo QV in Chapel Hill here.

Hello,
I've been around on the forum for a while but just recently became an official owner so I thought I should give an intro and show a picture of my car. This is not my first Alfa, but it is my first new alfa and it's been 20 years since I've bought any Alfa. I live in Apex NC (near Raleigh). I've done club and track events in the past and at one time was fairly active with the local owner's club. I also previously started and maintained an Alfa 164 informational site which turned into an early forum for 164 owners - long before alfabb and others. I come from a family of car lovers and I inherited my interest in Italian cars from my Dad who raced in the original Mille Miglia in the 50's and exposed his sons to many interesting cars over the years.

I'm really excited about having an Alfa again as my daily driver. There's something special about these cars that can't be matched by any other car in its class.

I look forward to participating in this forum and sharing information that I learn with the group.

Here's a photo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was looking for a "fun to drive" daily car and test-drove number of brands and models. But from first moment behind the wheel, Giulia QV captured my heart.. so here - Cary, NC just got another owner.

I have never had sports car before, never mind car with Ferrari heart. When I was young, it was a childhood dream to have something fun, quick and beautiful, but to kid from Soviet Russia it was from "I want to go to the moon" category. But living in America was also from same category, so I should have learned my lesson :)

Certainly looking forward to connect with local owners, and perhaps find myself at VIR one day.

Boy, this car wants to play...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! Glad to have another owner in the Raleigh Durham area.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I was looking for a "fun to drive" daily car and test-drove number of brands and models. But from first moment behind the wheel, Giulia QV captured my heart.. so here - Cary, NC just got another owner.

I have never had sports car before, never mind car with Ferrari heart. When I was young, it was a childhood dream to have something fun, quick and beautiful, but to kid from Soviet Russia it was from "I want to go to the moon" category. But living in America was also from same category, so I should have learned my lesson :)

Certainly looking forward to connect with local owners, and perhaps find myself at VIR one day.

Boy, this car wants to play...
Looks like our Raleigh area community is really growing. Welcome @maraca!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Verrilli, I missed this thread over Christmas, first congrats.
Second, what did your Dad run in the MM?
Thanks. Enjoying it even more now that the weather is better. This weekend I’m in the NC mountains. Took her on 221 out of Sparta and then 194 into Boone. Great roads and the Giulia handled them magnificently.

My Dad ran an Austin Healey 100 in the MM back in the 50s. In the 90s he ran the Storico in a Maserati A6GCS with the same co-driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.