Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Been following the forums for a while while I was researching the car. Ordered a Ti Sport AWD on 12/1 and took delivery yesterday! Very excited! :smile2:

Finally decided to sign up and contribute to the fellow Alfa community now that I'm officially an owner.

I'm a BIW product engineer for FCA and the one thing I can say about this car, no one in the US had anything to do with this car to my knowledge. True Italian design and manufacturing through and through, NO chrysler parts bin (sorry about the mazzies), etc. It's a genuine Italian car and I'm not old enough to have memories of Alfa's quality in the 80/90's. Probably for the better but the industry has changed so much since.

Look forward to helping out and learning from you all!

Seth

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome and Congrats. I think that might be the fastest turn around time on an order that I have seen so far. Less than 3 months. Mine to 4 months.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Greetings from Ann Arbor! Sounds like we have the same color combo!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Watch out for the potholes, Seth!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome Seth! I'm also from Metro Detroit. There must be more of us, but I'll say I will have owned the Giulia a year this coming April and I still have never seen another one on the road.

Enjoy the new ride and like ChipShot said, please watch those potholes!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Seriously...y'all heard about the one the other day where a woman hit a pothole in her Focus, lost control, hit a pole, and killed her passenger? Crazy.

EDIT: I see the cops are saying it was speed, not the pothole, that caused the accident. Like, duh, if they were going 5mph, it wouldn't have been fatal. The point, in my mind, is not to speed rate potholes for survivability-- as if they have any control over whether a 25mph-safe pothole pops up in a 45mph zone-- but to recognize the dangerous infrastructure failures we're facing and address them. Blaming the victim only shifts the focus to the question of who is next.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Welcome Seth! I'm also from Metro Detroit. There must be more of us, but I'll say I will have owned the Giulia a year this coming April and I still have never seen another one on the road.
They're swarming around Auburn Hills.

Seriously...y'all heard about the one the other day where a woman hit a pothole in her Focus, lost control, hit a pole, and killed her passenger? Crazy.

EDIT: I see the cops are saying it was speed, not the pothole, that caused the accident. Like, duh, if they were going 5mph, it wouldn't have been fatal. The point, in my mind, is not to speed rate potholes for survivability-- as if they have any control over whether a 25mph-safe pothole pops up in a 45mph zone-- but to recognize the dangerous infrastructure failures we're facing and address them. Blaming the victim only shifts the focus to the question of who is next.
I expect to hear about someone being rear-ended because they were tip-toeing their way through a sea of potholes.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I would've been OK with a Uconnect-based infotainment system.. :wink2:
Gaaaack! I'm sure it's better than the Alfa infotainment system, but Uconnect is garish and hideous. It looks like a piece of generic consumer electronics from the early '00s. Not classy at all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Greetings from Metro Detroit! I just placed an order for mine, a 2018 Ti Sport Q4! Hope to see you on the roads! :)

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Ha I already needed to get a tire replaced at 4,000 miles when I smoked a pothole at TNAP Monday morning :crying:
So much for Ohio's roads being better than Michigan's. Or was it on plant property?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

Hey All!

Been following the forums for a while while I was researching the car. Ordered a Ti Sport AWD on 12/1 and took delivery yesterday! Very excited! :smile2:

Finally decided to sign up and contribute to the fellow Alfa community now that I'm officially an owner.

I'm a BIW product engineer for FCA and the one thing I can say about this car, no one in the US had anything to do with this car to my knowledge. True Italian design and manufacturing through and through, NO chrysler parts bin (sorry about the mazzies), etc. It's a genuine Italian car and I'm not old enough to have memories of Alfa's quality in the 80/90's. Probably for the better but the industry has changed so much since.

Look forward to helping out and learning from you all!

Seth

The Lusso seats in our Giulia Ti Q2 look an awful lot like the seats in the Chrysler 300. I'm not complaining, we like our leather seats and wood/leather interior.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Toledo roads aren't much better than Michigan roads, but it was on plant property :frown2:
Are you considering filing a claim?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome and Congrats. I think that might be the fastest turn around time on an order that I have seen so far. Less than 3 months. Mine to 4 months.
Yea I was quite surprised as well! Dealer said he hadn't seen a factory order come in quicker then 12 weeks. I guess I got lucky. I didn't pull any strings either, I just let it go.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Yea I was quite surprised as well! Dealer said he hadn't seen a factory order come in quicker then 12 weeks. I guess I got lucky. I didn't pull any strings either, I just let it go.
So yours isn't a company car like Ducky7's. Is there a special Alfa parking zone at FCA?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts