Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, introducing myself to the forum which I know will save my ass as other owner forms have in the past. I just traded my 2015 WRX 6MT for this absolutely stunning Giulia that came up at the local Hendrick dealer in Durham, NC. It's exactly how I would spec it if I could afford a brand new one which is what won me over. I've had the itch for about a year now, I got an ECU tune and intake on my WRX to buy time but ultimately that just caused worry/headaches and I was ready to move on to something more sophisticated and eager to have a RWD car. Needles to say no plans to mod the Giulia. I window shopped everything from Cadillacs, Camaros, Subaru BRZ and test drove the 4 cyl and 6 cyl Kia stinger. The Giulia had everything I was looking for, and I imagine it did for you too if you're reading this!

It was hard to walk away from the manual transmission, that's all I've ever driven and was a big part of my "car guy" identity. The full manual control and giant aluminum paddle shifters keep that connection alive and I'm not looking back!

Ryan

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Window

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
310 Posts
Very nice. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Hi all, introducing myself to the forum which I know will save my ass as other owner forms have in the past. I just traded my 2015 WRX 6MT for this absolutely stunning Giulia that came up at the local Hendrick dealer in Durham, NC. It's exactly how I would spec it if I could afford a brand new one which is what won me over. I've had the itch for about a year now, I got an ECU tune and intake on my WRX to buy time but ultimately that just caused worry/headaches and I was ready to move on to something more sophisticated and eager to have a RWD car. Needles to say no plans to mod the Giulia. I window shopped everything from Cadillacs, Camaros, Subaru BRZ and test drove the 4 cyl and 6 cyl Kia stinger. The Giulia had everything I was looking for, and I imagine it did for you too if you're reading this!

It was hard to walk away from the manual transmission, that's all I've ever driven and was a big part of my "car guy" identity. The full manual control and giant aluminum paddle shifters keep that connection alive and I'm not looking back!

Ryan

View attachment 116169 View attachment 116171
Beautiful car, greetings from the Peak of Good Living (aka Apex)!

·
Registered
2017 Misano Blue QV — CC brakes, Dark 5-Holes, Sparcos, Carbon Pkg, Custom X-pipe
4 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on a beauty! (Also Ryan) from Holly Springs, NC

If you ever plan to head to the Cars and Coffee in Morrisville (or any other local event) let me know! A handful of Alfas are there the first Saturday of every month.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, it's great to meet others here in the Triangle. @raugustus I'd love to see your QV at Cars and Coffee! This thing is driving bliss! Gotta take it to the dealer (Leith Alfa) next week, I am having an intermittent no-start issue where the gauge cluster lights up but the engine doesn't attempt to crank. But hey, that may be what prompted the previous owner to unload this gem with only 11k miles which is a win for me.

Reactions: raugustus

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, it's great to meet others here in the Triangle. @raugustus I'd love to see your QV at Cars and Coffee! This thing is driving bliss! Gotta take it to the dealer (Leith Alfa) next week, I am having an intermittent no-start issue where the gauge cluster lights up but the engine doesn't attempt to crank. But hey, that may be what prompted the previous owner to unload this gem with only 11k miles which is a win for me.
Starter relay.

Reactions: -ds-

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I concur with Wingler that the culprit is probably the starter relay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts