Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Happy to introduce myself as a new 2017 Giulia Ti Q4 owner in the Chicago area. I've been waiting for years for Alfa to come back to the US, and have been waiting for the right time to jump in. Trofeo white/red interior just called out to me, and she became mine last week!

A big thanks to Racer Z for connecting me with local Giulia owner ChiGuy so I could get some "real world" input before finalizing my deal. This Giulia Forum is exactly what it should be - very educational, entertaining, and helpful. Thanks also to the group at Autobarn in Evanston. Richard Fisher and his crew are very passionate about their Alfa's, and it shows in their knowledge of the marque.

Looking forward to driving her as intended, and hopefully meeting more area owners.

Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the gorgeous car! I love (love) LOVE the color combination. Look forward to meeting up some weekend.
p.s. I've been calling the guys at Autobarn to inquire about my cut of the sales commission, but they are not returning my calls.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, don't hold your breath waiting to hear from them!

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to talk to me last week and for offering your input/advice. I truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome and congrats! Being in Chicago you going snow tires as your first mod? :)
Thanks FNM. Good question. I've never used snows on my Audi's in the past, so figured I'd see how Giulia does in the white stuff and decide from there.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Me too.

Thanks FNM. Good question. I've never used snows on my Audi's in the past, so figured I'd see how Giulia does in the white stuff and decide from there.
That is my plan as well. Let's see how the run-flats do in the winter. Since I'm on a 3-year lease, I definitely do not want to take on this huge expense if it is not necessary.
I would probably look at it differently if I had bought the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you!!
I always used snow tires on my cars in Italy. I never did since I moved to Chicago. Giulia will rest during snow storms, but I think I will get them next winter.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
agree with all of you. I got mine towards the end of winter last year and with the AWD it was fine on run flats other than when it was icey but not many stocks can contend with ice. Rather than get winter tires on the Alfa, this year I decided to make a hard core snowmobile out of my SUV ordering snow 'wheels' with Yokos Iceguard on them theory being regardless of tire if one is stuck in a blizzard it'll plow being so low and i'd prefer if she's safe at the house :)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
welcome and congrats! Being in Chicago you going snow tires as your first mod? :)
Now that I have my winter wheels and snow tires, I'm convinced there won't be enough snow to make them necessary.

BTW, nice color combo. Kicked up a notch from my car's blanco.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Killer Interior

I have to say...the more I see the interior of the Q2 & Q4 in the sport trim....the more I wish that were in my QV.
they remind me a little of Daytona seats from a Ferrari....simply stunning!:grin2:
Enjoy the Giulia!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say...the more I see the interior of the Q2 & Q4 in the sport trim....the more I wish that were in my QV.
they remind me a little of Daytona seats from a Ferrari....simply stunning!:grin2:
Enjoy the Giulia!
Thanks very much M! Tell ya what - I'll trade you my seats for your engine! Just tell me where to meet...:wink2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi all,

Happy to introduce myself as a new 2017 Giulia Ti Q4 owner in the Chicago area. I've been waiting for years for Alfa to come back to the US, and have been waiting for the right time to jump in. Trofeo white/red interior just called out to me, and she became mine last week!

A big thanks to Racer Z for connecting me with local Giulia owner ChiGuy so I could get some "real world" input before finalizing my deal. This Giulia Forum is exactly what it should be - very educational, entertaining, and helpful. Thanks also to the group at Autobarn in Evanston. Richard Fisher and his crew are very passionate about their Alfa's, and it shows in their knowledge of the marque.

Looking forward to driving her as intended, and hopefully meeting more area owners.

Marco
That is a great exterior\interior color combination, it looks great ......

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Welcome to the party! I got trofeo white on black over here in Chicago. In fact, I have actually test driven the specific car you purchased :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts