Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kinda late to be worrying about reliability after you already bought it, eh? lol.

Seriously though - the 2017's certainly had a higher percentage of issues being the first year in USA and all, but nearly all of them were software related and all have recalls that will address them at no charge to you. Biggest thing you need to do is make sure they've all be done and immediately replace the battery unless you know it to be nearly new. I feel like 75% of every issue the Giulia has can be directly traced to a bad battery, lol.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Congratulations, I'm still loving my 2017. One weird thing to check may be the hood release. Mine was marginal for a while where it would only just release. I finally whined to the dealer and they fixed it with a slightly updated part and its worked great since then. Enjoy your Giulia.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the cult.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Beautiful Car !!!!!!!!!!!
I got my 17 last June
Other than going into limp mode twice a week (I had installed a Turbosmart BOV plumb back)
Car has been running prefect once the stock BOV was reinstalled !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congratulations, I'm still loving my 2017. One weird thing to check may be the hood release. Mine was marginal for a while where it would only just release. I finally whined to the dealer and they fixed it with a slightly updated part and its worked great since then. Enjoy your Giulia.
If you are referring to the hood not popping up completely after release, that can be fixed by twisting the rubber stopper under the hood slightly counterclockwise. Interesting if they also made an updated part for it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nope I'm referring to the lever inside the driver footwell and the associated cables that link it to the release mechanism.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! New to Giulias myself, as we recently bought a 2017, too. Mine has 73,000 miles, and I can tell you it drives and feels like brand new. Immediately had the dealer replace the battery, change the spark plugs and take care of all recalls and software updates. If mine looks and drives the way it does with that much mileage, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 17 MY. Lovely for 18 months then started having battery issues. Eventually fault found to be water ingress to front wiring loom. Still off the road and trying to understand how this can happen. Water has run down the loom and into the steering rack. Out of warranty and hoping for goodwill as looking at 3k repair bill as it stands. I have read a few reports of ingress to front looms and no root cause so far. No screen or washer bottle leak. Feels like an inherent design flaw

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Did you buy CPO? See if you can go the lawyered up way and call it a design fault.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did you buy CPO? See if you can go the lawyered up way and call it a design fault.
I didn’t buy it from no Star Wars robot no! Paid cash. I’ll wait and see what (if any) goodwill I get. Need to get my arse down to the dealer to look at the loom. Steering rack on order.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Reactions: kc07zrv

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 2017 in April ( Ontario, Canada) . Back story: its a Dec 2017 build first registered in March 2019. One owner car it, had 17K miles on it when i purchased it , also has warranty till Mar. 2023 from alfa, ( since warranty starts on the date of registration ) Car drives amazing , Zero issues and the best part is I paid 22k Usa or 30k Canadian dollars. Also getting the next generation of Alfa buyers ready!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts