Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself.

I picked up a 2018 Giulia TI Sport AWD over the weekend and its fantastic so far. I'm coming from a Stage 2 B8.5 Audi S4, so that is saying a lot. The car isn't as fast as my S4, obviously, but it handles like a dream. It really is a joy to drive, and the tech improvements(specifically Android Auto) are a notable improvement for me.

Looking forward to learning more about the car on here and soon leaping into the Intake, Exhaust and Tune world.

My car has everything but the Dynamic Driving Assistance package and Leather package. Both seemed a bit unnecessary to me as I am more about the driving experience and would rather do it myself! I made sure to get the Sport Performance Package though!

Here is an obligitory picture...oh and I have the upgraded 19" wheels. Only one of 15 TI Sports on the lot that had them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool deal. What dealership?

Great looking car, and welcome to the forum.
It was Jeff D'ambrosio... I'm on the other side of the state!

It was actually pretty awesome, because they gave me deals that none of the other dealerships could touch. Even reached to Strongville and they said my deal sounded too good to be true.

I really believe they were just giving me a good deal because I was a car enthusiast and knew I'd be helpful in promoting the car, spreading the word... especially being local and pushing people to their dealership.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Did you buy through Wendell or ?

I bought my Quad through D'Ambrosio but have moved to the Main Line Alfa dealer. There was a defection of the D'Ambrosio master tech and #1 sales guy to the other franchise and I followed along.

When the Stelvio Quadrifoglio arrives at Main Line, they are planning on having a launch party there. Will post up details as I know more!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Did you buy through Wendell or ?

I bought my Quad through D'Ambrosio but have moved to the Main Line Alfa dealer. There was a defection of the D'Ambrosio master tech and #1 sales guy to the other franchise and I followed along.

When the Stelvio Quadrifoglio arrives at Main Line, they are planning on having a launch party there. Will post up details as I know more!
Xavier was my salesman, but I talked with Wendell on my first visit to the dealership. When I went to finalize things Saturday, Wendell wasn't in but apparently called in to see if I actually bought it ha! Great experience with Xavier(he's newer) and also with Joel(the GM) and actually Jeff D'Ambrosio was there as well talking to me about the car.

Where is the Main Line Alfa dealer? The one I went to was in Frazier/Malvern on rt 30... it says both Main Line and D'Ambrosio.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to ownership of the best value on the market today in sport sedans.....I LOVE my car.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Love the look of your car! Welcome to the forum. I have a Stromboli Gray ti Sport too, but with the 5-hole dark wheels and red interior. I'm also tempted to look at some intake and exhaust mods but think I'll wait a few months to get the car properly "run in" and ready. Personally, I like a fairly quiet car when at a steady cruise but won't mind a bit of excitement as I push the pedal down....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the look of your car! Welcome to the forum. I have a Stromboli Gray ti Sport too, but with the 5-hole dark wheels and red interior. I'm also tempted to look at some intake and exhaust mods but think I'll wait a few months to get the car properly "run in" and ready. Personally, I like a fairly quiet car when at a steady cruise but won't mind a bit of excitement as I push the pedal down....
Yes I am in agreement with you. Coming from a stage 2 S4, I am cringing not having the acceleration, but I believe the eurocompulsion package will solve that. The stock exhaust is entirely too quiet, you can't even here it to shift. I end up just getting frustrated and put it back into auto mode. Would rather shift by sound, not actually look at the tach! Definitely want some quiet when driving normal, but livens up with more aggressive driving.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratulations - those wheels work well with that paint color.
Always good to have another PA member.
Agree with your comments on the factory exhaust 'tone' being too quiet to shift by ear. That got me started on a whole upgrade the exhaust project, I'm very happy with the final result which is drone free on the highway, quietish below 2,500 and loud enough to be a LOT of fun above 2,500 particularly with tunnels, parking garages etc. There are other options out there but since you are in PA there may be a meet up where you can listen to mine and decide whether it would work for you if you are interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations - those wheels work well with that paint color.
Always good to have another PA member.
Agree with your comments on the factory exhaust 'tone' being too quiet to shift by ear. That got me started on a whole upgrade the exhaust project, I'm very happy with the final result which is drone free on the highway, quietish below 2,500 and loud enough to be a LOT of fun above 2,500 particularly with tunnels, parking garages etc. There are other options out there but since you are in PA there may be a meet up where you can listen to mine and decide whether it would work for you if you are interested.
Thanks Alan! Where in PA are you from? I would love to hear your exhaust. I definitely read your exhaustive research and work in the centerline exhaust thread, and definitely appreciate that discussion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It was Jeff D'ambrosio... I'm on the other side of the state!

It was actually pretty awesome, because they gave me deals that none of the other dealerships could touch. Even reached to Strongville and they said my deal sounded too good to be true.

I really believe they were just giving me a good deal because I was a car enthusiast and knew I'd be helpful in promoting the car, spreading the word... especially being local and pushing people to their dealership.
Sounds like you found a great dealer......jealous!! Mine was "too busy" to talk to Alfa Cares yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts