Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the manual, searched the forum, asked the salesman and there are a few questions I have...please forgive me of these are obvious or stupid...this is for a 2017

Do the brights not work in auto headlight mode? They will flash but not maintain. They only seem to maintain when the headlight dial is far clockwise.

Same for rear fog...the large button. It doesn't turn them on when the headlights are in auto.

The radio volume goes to 38...this is the HK system. Doesn't seem very loud...what scale is 38?

The radio doesn't turn on with the car. I found the radio off delay but is there a setting to turn radio on with car?

What's the button with the line through the car on the upper console? The online manual shows the button but there's no description for it.

Again, thanks in advance

·
Registered
315 Posts
For the headlights in auto high beam, I believe the high beam will turn on when the light sensors tell the car to activate them. They will turn off again if the parameters to turn off are met (on coming car, reflection from street signs, street lights, etc).

The fog lights will on turn on if the headlights are on or when parking lights are on. Whether that be via manual headlight activation or auto headlight.

For the sound. It's Italian. Top volume is 38. No logic, it's just the number they choose. I have the base sound on my QV and it's quiet by comparison to my other cars.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live down a dark country road with lots of deer so I always put my brights on when navigating home at night. So I can't do this with the headlight knob turned to auto?

·
Registered
315 Posts
As far as the car with a line through it. I think you are talking about the tow/alarm button. Look at page 20 of the manual. It's to disable the tip sensor for the alarm. i.e. if you park on a step hill to stop your alarm going off all the time.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I live down a dark country road with lots of deer so I always put my brights on when navigating home at night. So I can't do this with the headlight knob turned to auto?
Try pages 35-37 of the Owners Manual. Or here, https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...lia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Base-OM-2nd_R1.pdf, pages 37-39 of the pdf. I assume you have the auto high beams.

For the radio, yes, there’s a setting. Try page 12 of the Infotainment System Manual, or here: https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...s/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Radio-3rd.pdf, page 14 of the pdf.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Page 35 for more info on the auto high beam.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks crisis on the high beams...I did'nt realize I had the auto setup. Looks like I can disable it in the settings....too many parameters and conditions.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks GiuliaQV...I see that now for the tow alarm. It didn't illuminate any indicator so wasn't sure it was working or doing anything.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've read the manual, searched the forum, asked the salesman and there are a few questions I have...please forgive me of these are obvious or stupid...this is for a 2017

Do the brights not work in auto headlight mode? They will flash but not maintain. They only seem to maintain when the headlight dial is far clockwise.
..... A --- Push the lights stick forward towards the front of the car. They flash when you pull it towards you. Brights work in both auto and far right regular modes.

Same for rear fog...the large button. It doesn't turn them on when the headlights are in auto.
..... A --- Just checked mine in the garage and it turns on the rear fog lights in both auto and far right headlight mode. Maybe, won't work in bright outside light and the headlights are not on in auto. I'll check further.

The radio volume goes to 38...this is the HK system. Doesn't seem very loud...what scale is 38?
..... A --- Don't know, have the default speakers.

The radio doesn't turn on with the car. I found the radio off delay but is there a setting to turn radio on with car?
..... A --- Menu/Settings/Systems/Auto On Radio/On

What's the button with the line through the car on the upper console?
..... A --- I don't see this. Can you be more specific where it is and in what operation(s) you see it?

Again, thanks in advance
Haven't looked at other answers yet.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you NUT for the detailed responses....the light stick forward does not turn the brights on in my vehicle when the headlight dial is on AUTO. Only when the dial is far clockwise. I think the earlier member is correct about it being linked to the auto bright feature on my vehicle.

The fogs do not turn on also in Auto...it was daylight so don't know...but they would turn on when dial was ON instead of AUTO.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: AlfaCrisis

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
0:)
Hang on. Is that the same dark country road that you slipped into 100 mph? Could have the wrong thread. If so, I think the lights won't help with the deer but maybe forward collision warning.

You can change the Radio to turn on when you start the engine in Settings.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
/forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_angel.png
Hang on. Is that the same dark country road that you slipped into 100 mph? Could have the wrong thread. If so, I think the lights won't help with the deer but maybe forward collision warning.

You can change the Radio to turn on when you start the engine in Settings.
Yes but it was daylight ? At night it's 35 mph until I get past the farms where the deer hangout at night.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes but it was daylight ? At night it's 35 mph until I get past the farms where the deer hangout at night.
It gave me a chuckle so just yes watch out. We took the QV up to the Rim in AZ and we had a wild horse pass in front of us and my husband spotted poppa Elk ready to cross with his girls so we slowed down. We are always on the look out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
for you're stereo question mine is the same way, not very loud all the way on 38, a bit disappointing, also the auto high beam thing doesn't work very well, so i just don't use it

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mine is like that as well maybe the auto volume control sensor that raises and lower the volume with speed and background noise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you NUT for the detailed responses....the light stick forward does not turn the brights on in my vehicle when the headlight dial is on AUTO. Only when the dial is far clockwise. I think the earlier member is correct about it being linked to the auto bright feature on my vehicle.

The fogs do not turn on also in Auto...it was daylight so don't know...but they would turn on when dial was ON instead of AUTO.
As someone who lives in the desert, I can't help with the foglight.
As for the hi-beam/auto question, you've noticed by now that pulling toward you flashes the high beam and pushing away SHOULD actually turn them on. Try doing a pull-push as fast as you can, blink-blink just as if you were trying to get a WRX Subaru out of the left lane. I don't know how I stumbled on this, but it seems to override the computer fairly often. Of course if you absolutely MUST have them, turn the knob to 12 o'clock/ON ... as others have said, it's Italian, deal with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
While we are on the topic, on my car, when I turn the light dial all the way to the left to "O" position, it doesn't lock there. Just resets to the auto light setting. As far as I can tell there is no way to run the car with only the DLR when operating in low light conditions (i.e. dusk/dawn or a parking garage).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts