Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove a 2018 Giulia Ti Lusso yesterday. We have two dealers in the Vancouver, BC area. One is about 20 mins from my work, which is handy.

I'm trying to understand what potential downsides would be of a car that's been sitting around for a couple years barring 2700 km/1600 mi of test drives. Because as it stands it seems like a killer deal... It's a couple grand above high black book trade-in.

Of course there are no lease options, it's cash or finance only at this point. Warranty coverage starts from delivery date and its never been titled to anyone, so still a new car by those definitions.

Dealers here didn't order any 2019 inventory. Will see what happens in 2020 I guess. They're saying April/May for them right now. My current lease is up May so theoretically I could wait and see.

Any thoughts/warnings/endorsements etc? Appreciate it folks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
well, depreciation already set in, so keep that in mind. what is a 2018 worth used now?

otherwise battery condition and maybe sitting in the sun for a long time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
well, depreciation already set in, so keep that in mind. what is a 2018 worth used now?

otherwise battery condition and maybe sitting in the sun for a long time.
It's priced a low trade in value he said. I think I'd want all the fluids changed, just because.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
That dealer must be going out of business.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Alfas were being shipped with very high air pressures (50-60 psi) in the tires. If they have been sitting this long that may cause you issues. Another thing to check. These cars are amazing and addicting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would personally look more, it may be a q4 but it does not have the TI sport package. To me that is one of the best parts, love mine. And mine is a Ti Sport lusso

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah it's embarrassing.
Both dealers have next to nothing in their lots.
Driving an Alfa around here is like driving some exotic rare automobile..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts