Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, about to join the quadrifoglio club just waiting to find the right one ?

I've been offered a brand new car but for a good price (£55k) Completely standard in Alfa red. The catch is it's an MY16 (though unregistered so will be 68 plate here in the UK). From doing a bit of reading on here, I know the infotainment system will be the old version (so no apple play). What else should I be looking out for? Any issues with the older models?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Other than CarPlay, which you already mentioned, functionally the car should be no different than the current model assuming the dealer has applied all the updates and RRTs to the car along the way. Most are S/W related, but not all. I don’t know where you get a comprehensive list to check against, but you should ask the dealer to print the service history for the car, and the list of applied changes should be fairly long. Not 1 or 2, more like 10-15. Also, battery would be a concern, you should request they put a new one in the car as a condition of the sale. Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Based on my research, I'd avoid first model year even with a discount.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would share that sentiment, unless you prepare yourself for a few months of software updates and replacement parts. Nothing will happen until mid September in Italy.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I have first year (MY17) in the US. January 17 build, purchased Nov 17. Now at 5k miles, 0 issues. No different than the MY18 cars assuming all SW updates and RRTs have been applied (except Apple CarPlay). Same car, same potential problems.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
With this being a “real” first year car (MY16/European), there are likely several running changes that are absent and may impact reliability. Perhaps @MacGeek can chime in, but I know that I (who owns a Jan ‘17 build MY17) would probably pass on it, especially as the earliest Alfa reviews noted lots of electronic demons that appear to have been addressed/fixed/resolved/patched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts