Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
Can you run the update if you have an iPhone plugged into the car for AA at the same time, or can no other USB port be in use when updating the maps?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Can you run the update if you have an iPhone plugged into the car for AA at the same time, or can no other USB port be in use when updating the maps?
The update instructions provided by @jwq2 say no other devices should be plugged into other USB ports.

This should give 2 files, a .dct file (license) and a .bin file (map)
  • place the 2 files on root of USB stick
  • start engine, switch off auto start/stop
  • place stick in USB port car. Don't use usb port in rear, as this is power only
  • make sure there are no other devices in any of the other USB ports
  • select <settings> <system> <maps update>
  • update should start, takes approx 70 minutes on "old" 1st gen hardware, 30 minutes on "new" 2nd gen.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The update instructions provided by @jwq2 say no other devices should be plugged into other USB ports.

• place stick in USB port car. Don't use usb port in rear, as this is power only
  • update should start, takes approx 70 minutes on "old" 1st gen hardware, 30 minutes on "new" 2nd gen.
Thanks for confirming

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
228 Posts
10 gigs... what on earth are you guys using to move that thing to your nav?
I’ve got an all nvme flash storage array from netapp, model ef600. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hmmmm.... same year as the Battle of Hastings. Let’s hope it's not some type of portent.
You had me looking into history...now i know :)

Reactions: LoCoRob

·
Registered
400 Posts
Good to see still nothing on the maps front for Oceania. At least TomTom Amigo using AA kinda looks like the factory system

·
Registered
Giulia Super 2016 2.2jtdm auto rwd
1 Posts
Does anyone have recent eu maps (10xx) for the 8.8" screen downloaded and willing to share? I still have the original 2016 v.971 maps in mine. Have updated infotaiment successfully to fw. 2.010.41. Otherwise map update only available via dealer anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have problems updating giulia my20, I have downloaded the bin and dct file,
put the stick into usb in the car but gets a message not enough free space in the system, and it won’t download.
anyone with input?

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
547 Posts

i was able to update with AA connected.
it says update take about 1hr and i left the car running while i was getting 1st covid19 shot.
took about 30 minutes to get to vaccine site + 30minutes for me to get back to the car from getting vaccine.
when i came back, it was done.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i was able to update with AA connected.
it says update take about 1hr and i left the car running while i was getting 1st covid19 shot.
took about 30 minutes to get to vaccine site + 30minutes for me to get back to the car from getting vaccine.
when i came back, it was done.
I may try it then

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It’s 21,6gb dct file and 1 kB bin file. I use a 32gb Memory stick.
it should be the other way round, 1 kb dct file, and a large bin file.
On my "old" European system the mapfile is around 11 Gb .....

Assuming you just made a mistake listing, the mapfile still seems quite big.... Maybe someone with a new system can chip in
For European cars, you will probably get more response on the UK forum here, seeing as that you seem to be in Europe :
Afa owner : Giulia
Updates

·
Registered
22 Posts
it should be the other way round, 1 kb dct file, and a large bin file.
On my "old" European system the mapfile is around 11 Gb .....

Assuming you just made a mistake listing, the mapfile still seems quite big.... Maybe someone with a new system can chip in
For European cars, you will probably get more response on the UK forum here, seeing as that you seem to be in Europe :
Afa owner : Giulia
Updates
I will, thanks 👍

21 - 40 of 71 Posts