Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I've reading this forum since I ordered a Ti Q4 in March but as I get closer to delivery I thought I'd join the fun. My first Italian car was a FIAT Strada I purchased new in 1979 which I still have. I also owned a 124 Spyder, and X/19, and currently own a 2012 Cinquecento Prima Edizione. I bought a 164L in 1994, my first Alfa. I currently own a '94 164 Quadrifoglio and a '73 Giulia GTV, both driven regularly (except Winter) and I've been a member of the Alfa Club (AROC/AONE) for 20 years. Many long time Alfisti are purchasing Giulias, and many also have 4Cs and most are members of AROC. I strongly recommend joining as I have met some of the most wonderful people I know in the Alfa club. AROC produces a beautiful monthly magazine and there are lots of local and national events that always include driving and eating. I look forward to sharing my experience and hope I can contribute to the conversation here on the Forum.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've met some already at car shows this spring. It's definitely in my plan.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome from the next state over! (Or under) hope you don't have long to wait, what's the ETA?

I hear Palmer is a great track for Q4s in MA! ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a real wealth of experience to share and I'm glad you have joined.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Completely agree! ( 69 spider and 17 Giulia Ti owner and member of AROC Stella Del Nord) Any chance planning on going up to Montreal for the convention?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All. I was quoted August delivery when I ordered. It seems that FCA is slow in updating info. I have a VIN number with a status of JB which, reading the various postings on this forum, doesn't seem to mean too much. I would love to have it in time to drive to the AROC (inter)National Convention in Montreal next month. 50th Anniversary of the Montreal in Montreal! Currently planning to drive my '73 Giulia GTV which is really fun to drive but lacking in modern creature comforts, ie; no AC. Although it cruises happily at 80 mph with the windows open and no wind buffeting or noise. It also has the best seats of any car I own even though there are very few adjustments. But I'd love to take the new Giulia on an extended trip this summer.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

I like your avatar. Looks like the 2.0 in my father's 1966 GTV. The 66 didn't come with a 2.0. He took the 2.0 out of his 74 GTV after crashing the 74.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hello Greg, we are neighbors! (I'm in N. Andover)
Welcome!
Maybe we can do lunch sometimes so I can pick your brain .....

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Welcome to the Nut House

Congrats on the purchase....any pics of the GTV by any chance???
def. a bucket list car for me...that and a Giulia Super of the same time window 67 to 70...
All the Best
M

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just remember one thing it's like a beautiful girl it needs a lot of attention and sometimes it is a real pain, safe driving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts