Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking here for sometime now and decided to get my feet wet, so to speak. :smile2:

Anyway, I have owned my alfa white/tan Giulia Sport for a couple of months now and so far and much like the masses here, I love this car. I wanted a car that would replace the riding experience of motorcycling, which I recently gave up. I don't believe any car can be a replacement for the fun factor of motorcycles, however this car will certainly fill that gap.

That said, there is a wealth of information here and I hope to chime in from time to time.

Cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking here for sometime now and decided to get my feet wet, so to speak. :smile2:

Anyway, I have owned my alfa white/tan Giulia Sport for a couple of months now and so far and much like the masses here, I love this car. I wanted a car that would replace the riding experience of motorcycling, which I recently gave up. I don't believe any car can be a replacement for the fun factor of motorcycles, however this car will certainly fill that gap.

That said, there is a wealth of information here and I hope to chime in from time to time.

Cheers
welcome!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Thanks for joining the forum. Maybe we'll see you at some of the SE MI get-togethers?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy!

I see a lot of Alfas with Ontario plates, presumably FCA cross-border commuters.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome Rog! Thanks for joining, I suspect we have a LOT of lurkers, always glad when they join :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am still getting familiar with this car. I can tell you however, that the more I do drive it the more I enjoy this Italian Stallion. Although it's only a 2.0 litre turbo it's got a lot of snot and I can only imagine the pucker factor with the QV would be like. :surprise: I would be in serious trouble in a New York minute with the later.

On my first ride out I was stopped by an oncoming OPP female officer for going 35 km/hr over the speed limit rounding a sharp S curve and I could have gone 45 km/hr over and it would still have been like riding on rails. Long story short, she seemed very impressed with the car and commented that she would likely not be able to afford one herself. Before she let me go she jokingly said, tell you what, "if you can beat me to that stop sign ahead, I won't ticket you". She made certain to tell me that she was only joking, lol.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Giulia can do it

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Welcome We have that in command. I love bikes have been riding over 35 years. I made the same move sold 4 of them hung on to 2 while trying to find a car to replace the motorcycle riding experience before getting rid of the last 2. Got a Q.V. haven’t looked back and haven’t riding the bikes twice since getting it. Car is fantastic Exceeded expectations. These are great bikes it had to complete with like FZ09, R6, VMax gen 1&2 R1 and R1M..... you made a good choice IMO. Let me know if you like yours as much as I do if not I have 2 great bikes I’ll sell you lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome We have that in command. I love bikes have been riding over 35 years. I made the same move sold 4 of them hung on to 2 while trying to find a car to replace the motorcycle riding experience before getting rid of the last 2. Got a Q.V. haven’t looked back and haven’t riding the bikes twice since getting it. Car is fantastic Exceeded expectations. These are great bikes it had to complete with like FZ09, R6, VMax gen 1&2 R1 and R1M..... you made a good choice IMO. Let me know if you like yours as much as I do if not I have 2 great bikes I’ll sell you lol.
Thanks to all for your replies.

Hi Sensei. After just recently celebrating my "70th" birthday and also riding 35+ years, it was a difficult decision to hang up the helmet. I don't quite have that QV power coming out the wazoo that you experience. Nevertheless, the ample power along with it's similar handling characteristics make it a competent and fun ride just the same. Some of my latest bikes were the Valkyrie and GL1800 Goldwings. Lol, on those 2 great bikes that I may want to purchase from you............I believe I will be content with my Giulia and pass on that offer. However, I will need to try and lean the Giulia going around corners as with motorcycles and see how that works out for me. :wink2:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one question and it may be a stupid one. I responded to Sensei's comments #7 I believe and I don't see it posted. What's up with that ? Did I do something wrong when I replied ? Just for posterity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts