Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

New Member w/‘18 QV Misano Blue

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Slumdog 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there! Proud owner of a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio in Misano Blue! Bought it with 6,500mi in 2019 with the new car tax gone lol. Currently has almost 29k miles since it’s my daily too! After over a year of ownership I’ve grown to love it even more despite some quirks, minor issues, and dealer/service frustrations.

Been reading all the great content so decided to join the discussion. Looking forward to getting to know more of you all! Also, I’m in SoCal and I’m dying to get all owners together! I’m doing my first track day with the QV in November with Extreme Speed. Join up if you’re interested!

PS- Shameless plug: I have a YT channel you can find below. Not posting often, but convince me and inspire me and I’ll post more!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

See less See more
#5 ·
Is your Gopro(?) suction mounted on the rear glass? The exhaust sound is great with no windnoise! External mic?

Can you post up a pic on that set up?
Is your Gopro(?) suction mounted on the rear glass? The exhaust sound is great with no windnoise! External mic?

Can you post up a pic on that set up?
Exactly! GoPro mounted to inside rear window. There’s actually what sounds like wind buffeting when I coast. Sound seems clear only when on throttle. I’m using a lapel mic with a mic furry fitted over it. Crude and cheaper solution but gets the job done. Here’s a pic of everything I used:

1) GoPro Hero 5
2) GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter
3) GoPro suction cup mount
4) Movo GM100 Clip On Lavalier Microphone (from Amazon)
5) Movo WS-RD10 Dual Layer Furry (from Amazon)
6) 3.5mm cable extension (I forget where from but probably Amazon)
7) painter’s tape
Wire Cable Electronics Technology Electronic device

#4 ·
@Food&Driver So few Misano QV's around. I've only ever seen one, at a gas station near Oceanside earlier this year. (I swear, my choice of gas station that afternoon was purely based on the fact it was the closest, not the fact that I just happened upon another Misano Giulia in the wild pulling in at the same time.)

@svintx Good golly gosh, that's a gorgeous car. I adore the red pinstriping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.