Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on Saturday to pick up a 2017 in TX. I have been driving BMW's for 10 years so looking forward to something different.

Question: Any opinions on the Max Care warranty. Dealer is willing to sell it to me for $200 over cost. Looks like I can get an couple extra years for $2500. My brain says no, but my gut says the car is an Afla in its first year run....

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
Welcome to the forums. What color/trim did you get? I will make sure to wave when I see it around town. Unfortunately, I can't help you out with the warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update to the Max Care warranty option. It looks like an extra 3 years of my 14k driving would be the better deal at $2950. But also 10% of what I am paying for the car....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must be the one Guilia I have seen in town!

The car is base Monza Red with about 6k in options. There is a story and big discount because of that. It was damaged in transit. Then FCA shipped new prepainted parts from Italy and fixed it. It is technically "used", 9 months old with 60 miles. I put about 14k a year on a car so that works out fine for me.

I am ready for the adventure. Car is in TX. I was going to have it shipping for $800 but I got a $120 flight. This way I also get to see the car. The midpoint is for the drive home is New Orleans, fate?!?!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep, welcome to the area from Lakewood Ranch. We get up to Tampa And St. Pete pretty frequently, so might see you around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have a preference for a Service department. I work in downtown Tampa which means all three dealers are pretty much the same distance....

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'd wait on the extended warranty for a year or two, may go down in price. But there are other options besides the dealer.
Just read the fine print carefully, all warranties are not created equal.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
I bought mine from Alfa Romeo Maserati of Pinellas Park. I intend to take it there for service. The other two dealers are Fiat dealers as well. I will have to see what the loaner situation is before I take it in. It will be awhile before it needs its 1st service. I hope...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I decided to wait on the warranty, who knows what will happen.

I am excited to get the car tomorrow. Less excited to need to get up at 3:30am to catch a flight....

Brandon dealership said they didn't have loaners yet but they were working on it.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I was looking all over for the car that was optioned the way that I wanted and the only one was in Houston. We contemplated going there and driving the 1000 miles back to South Tampa. We were thinking of going to New Orleans as well but, I just happened to go to the St. Pete dealer at the end of June to look at a White/red car. That was my second choice. They literally were dropping off the last of the 2018 allocation and they had the car that I was about to order as a 2019. It was meant to be. I am the only one to test drive it. Good luck on the drive back. You will love every mile.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
34 hours and 1100 miles after signing I am home. Love the car. Highway driving is not what the thing is meant for but I did average 34 mpg, so that is good. Still learning all the little things. The auto dimming side mirrors interesting. As I turned in my neighborhood I noticed the lights that come on as you turn.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
34 hours and 1100 miles after signing I am home. Love the car. Highway driving is not what the thing is meant for but I did average 34 mpg, so that is good. Still learning all the little things. The auto dimming side mirrors interesting. As I turned in my neighborhood I noticed the lights that come on as you turn.
I noticed that too! It is nice to have the turning lights. I am glad that you love the new car. It will be nice to have another around town. I have only seen one since I bought mine 3 weeks ago. It was a white TI Sport. I am in South Tampa where are you? You need to post some pics!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only other one I have seen is... my next door neighbor. LOL. While I was looking he traded his A6 and bought a Giulia. It worked out though. I got to use his for a test drive.

I will post some pics. I need to wash 1100 miles of road grime off first. And I need to get rid of the BMW. I am sending it to dealer tomorrow to get the wheel fixed from it losing its fight with the curb in Ybor City. Then a quick inspection and turn in. Hopefully.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi I am a new Giulia owner too here in Tampa! Although I had to drive to West Palm Beach to buy it because the dealers here couldn't match the price or had the options I wanted.

My previous car was a Mercury Marauder which I drove for 13 years and loved every mile. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find a new ride as cool as that (that I could reasonably afford) but when I heard Alfa was coming back in 2015 I started planning towards it.

For the question about where to get service, there is a place in Brandon that has been taking care of my Marauder since 2009 called Leasure Automotive. They are good honest guys and they work on some higher end cars like Corvettes and Porches, so they should be able to find their way around the Alfa alright, especially since many of their parts are made at the Chrysler plants here in North America anyway.

p.s. Marauder is for sale

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
Hi I am a new Giulia owner too here in Tampa! Although I had to drive to West Palm Beach to buy it because the dealers here couldn't match the price or had the options I wanted.

My previous car was a Mercury Marauder which I drove for 13 years and loved every mile. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find a new ride as cool as that (that I could reasonably afford) but when I heard Alfa was coming back in 2015 I started planning towards it.

For the question about where to get service, there is a place in Brandon that has been taking care of my Marauder since 2009 called Leasure Automotive. They are good honest guys and they work on some higher end cars like Corvettes and Porches, so they should be able to find their way around the Alfa alright, especially since many of their parts are made at the Chrysler plants here in North America anyway.

p.s. Marauder is for sale

Congrats on the new car! What spec did you get? I have used the Maserati Alfa Romeo dealer in Pinellas Park for the current recall and they were easy to deal with. It is a very clean shop with nice people. As for your shop, I am not familiar with them but I would use the dealer while it is under warranty as I have heard that these are not the easiest cars to work on. I hope to see you around town. What part of Tampa do you frequent? I am in South Tampa. I know that Ed Morse is in Brandon as well. They have an Alfa dealer as well. Let me know if I can help you out and welcome to the family. It is a great car. Here are some pics of mine. Hope to see ya soon. We should have a meet up for Tampa Alfa’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi JerryIII,

A little soon to be insurance frauding your car on some railroad tracks I think.

I talked to almost every dealership in the state pretty much, and the ones in the Tampa area could only mark their cars down so much, so I drove 4 hours and saved like 3 grand.

I originally wanted The Vesuvio grey like yours but they all had either the red or tan interior, and I wanted black. But I'm glad I go the rosso in the end.

It's a sport with a sunroof and nero package, which was super hard to find at the time I wanted to purchase. There was like 2 cars in the state, the red one in West Palm and a blue one in Ft Meyers.

I tired to get as few tech options as possible because I want to keep this car long term and all those options are just things that are going to fail sooner then later, which is why I didn't go with the TI sport.

I have seen a few white ones in town including a 4c, and a blue Quadrifoglio, but that's it.
My mother calls it james bonds car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts