Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Newbie here from San Jose, CA. I am not an owner (yet) but a couple months away from pulling the trigger. I am completely new to Alfa. Happened to spot a QV driving down the highway, likely one of you guys, and was instantly hooked on it.

I've been perusing the site for useful info to know before I do buy and have already found a ton of stuff that I didn't know and/or wasn't aware of. But I would love for any additional advice and/or tips you guys may have for a first time Alfa owner.

Looking at a Ti Sport, but still not completely sure on the differences between that and a base Ti with all the goodies. I'm also torn on AWD versus RWD. Grew up in Chicago, so the AWD would have been great, but here in CA I can't imagine needing it much, thoughts?

I'm hoping to place the order in October, which from what I've read thus far SHOULD get me a 2019, which would be awesome. But anything else you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated.

- Ryan

·
Registered
248 Posts
I purchased an AWD and love it but if privileged enough to live in CA I would opt for RWD. RWD has better performance and gas mileage. Also I think sits a little lower, someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that, trust me. Members of this forum are not shy :)

Check out the Performance Package which might sway your decision to buy the Sport or not. Also I highly recommend the sport seats, but test drive both as others prefer the standard seats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi All,

Newbie here from San Jose, CA. I am not an owner (yet) but a couple months away from pulling the trigger. I am completely new to Alfa. Happened to spot a QV driving down the highway, likely one of you guys, and was instantly hooked on it.

I've been perusing the site for useful info to know before I do buy and have already found a ton of stuff that I didn't know and/or wasn't aware of. But I would love for any additional advice and/or tips you guys may have for a first time Alfa owner.

Looking at a Ti Sport, but still not completely sure on the differences between that and a base Ti with all the goodies. I'm also torn on AWD versus RWD. Grew up in Chicago, so the AWD would have been great, but here in CA I can't imagine needing it much, thoughts?

I'm hoping to place the order in October, which from what I've read thus far SHOULD get me a 2019, which would be awesome. But anything else you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated.

- Ryan
Could have been my QV you spotted :grin2:. If you dont plan on doing many winter trips to Tahoe then opt for the RWD for a bit better fuel economy. Other then that your choices come down to more luxury or more performance. Go to the Alfa website and build out a couple of Giulia's, do a search and see if there is a 2018 that matches. One thing about ordering is it takes a while to get here. I ordered in August and picked up my QV in February, it will be a bit of a wait.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased an AWD and love it but if privileged enough to live in CA I would opt for RWD. RWD has better performance and gas mileage. Also I think sits a little lower, someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that, trust me. Members of this forum are not shy :)

Check out the Performance Package which might sway your decision to buy the Sport or not. Also I highly recommend the sport seats, but test drive both as others prefer the standard seats.
Haha, good to know.

And duly noted, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could have been my QV you spotted :grin2:. If you dont plan on doing many winter trips to Tahoe then opt for the RWD for a bit better fuel economy. Other then that your choices come down to more luxury or more performance. Go to the Alfa website and build out a couple of Giulia's, do a search and see if there is a 2018 that matches. One thing about ordering is it takes a while to get here. I ordered in August and picked up my QV in February, it will be a bit of a wait.
Is it the one in your avatar? The one I came across was a cherry red. Although, I just saw a brand new white QV on the road the other day also. Still had the papers in the window.

The wife wants an SUV, so Tahoe trips would likely be in that. Which is perfectly fine by me! I had no idea that the RWD would have better fuel economy, that's super good to know! Saves me a couple thousand $$$. I'd personally prefer the performance over the luxury. I'd get a QV if I could, but that is just not in the cards right now.

And I have built out models on the site MANY MANY times haha. Like a kid in a candy store. I always seem to find a model that's on the lot that has everything I want EXCEPT one. Like the brown/tan leather interior instead of all black (sorry for those who like the tan interior, just not my thing). If I could find one on the lot, I would absolutely prefer that over building new. Going with RWD will definitely increase my odds though, most of the dealerships don't have many AWD models on the lot, so that will be helpful.

Thanks for the help and advice guys! Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I posted this up in the Norcal thread also, but figured I'd round this thread out also.

Well, I pulled the trigger. Went in to ask about leasing options, with zero confidence that they'd or anyone for that matter would have what I wanted. After spending some time going over all the details and such, they tell me they JUST received a handful of models that haven't even been entered in to their system yet and were on their way to be detailed if I was interested in checking them out. And then I see the attached. Checked every box I was looking for including the Nero Edizone which I NEVER expected to see a dealer model with yet. The only thing it didn't check was the color. Was hoping for the Rosso Competizione, but when I saw this Misano Blue for the first time in person, I had to have it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts