Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Vesuvius gray, 19"sport package, Ti performance package tonight from Alfa Romero Glendale. Tough to find in LA. Salespeople said they had sold 5 Giulia's today.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!!
5 Giulia's in a day? That's really impressive! The 3 Alfa dealers in San Diego probably don't sell that many in a week. LOL

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just purchased a Vesuvius gray, 19"sport package, Ti performance package tonight from Alfa Romero Glendale. Tough to
find in LA. Salespeople said they had sold 5 Giulia's today.
Welcome Donotlift to the Alfa Famiglia and congrats on a great purchase!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just purchased a Vesuvius gray, 19"sport package, Ti performance package tonight from Alfa Romero Glendale. Tough to find in LA. Salespeople said they had sold 5 Giulia's today.

I got my Vesuvio Gray from Glendale as well. Enjoy! You'll have a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel.
Check your tire pressure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am probably one of those 5 from Glendale... Lol got the last red Ross's with 19inch sports package. Glendale is selling them like hotcakes :)

I recently got rid of my Maserati Ghibli... Trying out the Alfa... :)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

We bought our Ti Q2 in Santa Monica. They move a lot of Alfas, but even five a day is stretching it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
By the way I noticed some cars have the Q2 logo.. what differentiates the car with the logo? I know q4 is all wheel drivs

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe I read somewhere Q2 badge goes to those that have Ti Performance Package. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Interesting.
Why do some have the Q2 and others have ti if they mean kinda the same?
Hmmmm. I haven't seen a single "Ti" badge on a Giulia in Texas. Interestingly, the "Q2" badge was a separate line item on the window sticker for some reason. I have the Ti with Sport Package and Performance Package which includes adjustable dampers and limited slip diff.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There is no Ti badge. The Q2 badge is internally codified as an option because you can have the LSD on the AWD Giulia, and in that case the Q2 badge is omitted, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I believe I read somewhere Q2 badge goes to those that have Ti Performance Package. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Q2 means it has the limited slip differential, which is part of the Performance package.
There is no Ti badge. The Q2 badge is internally codified as an option because you can have the LSD on the AWD Giulia, and in that case the Q2 badge is omitted, for obvious reasons.
Correct. The 'Q2' means it has an LSD (limited slip differential), is RWD, and is only available with the Ti trim level. I believe the 'Q4' is the same thing, except as AWD.

There are other performance packages, but only the 'Ti Performance Package' includes the LSD.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The Q4 badge is on all AWD Giulias, regardless of whether they have the limited slip differential. There is just one Performance Package, the other "sporty content" packages are called Sport packages, not Performance.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My base Giulia, AWD with Sport Appearance Package does have a Q4 badge.
The sales person said the Q4 badge indicated AWD/LSD. (photo below)

I checked the photo from one of my dealer's 2WD Giulia Ti's and the rear photo shows the Q2 badge.
It is the only one of 19 Giulia's in stock that has 2WD. So it seems to indicate the 2WD/LSD.

Another close dealer has a number of base Giulia with 2WD and none of the actual photos show the Q2.

The Alfa Romeo feature pdf seems to verify this:

Q4 — deck lid (included with Q4 AWD System) — Giulia and Giulia Ti
Q2 – deck lid (included with RWD Performance Packages) — Giulia Ti only

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/pdf/giulia/2017_AR_Giulia_FA.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
As I already pointed out, the Q2 badge does indicate the presence of a LSD, while the Q4 badge does not.

RWD without LSD: no badge
RWD with LSD: Q2 badge
AWD without LSD: Q4 badge
AWD with LSD: Q4 badge

·
Registered
647 Posts
As I already pointed out, the Q2 badge does indicate the presence of a LSD, while the Q4 badge does not.

RWD without LSD: no badge
RWD with LSD: Q2 badge
AWD without LSD: Q4 badge
AWD with LSD: Q4 badge
Sorry, I'm not doubting you, but that wasn't very clear and it doesn't seem very logical.
Why not AWD without LSD: no badge?

How do I know if my base AWD with Q4 badge has LSD or not? There is no performance package for the base Giulia far as I know.
The reason for my post was that someone above said that the base Giulia had no Q4 badge, my does.

I read online (not from Alfa) that all Giulia Q2 and Q4 have LSD. See why I'm confused?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's perfectly logical.

Q4 in Alfa speak is a synonym for AWD, always has been since the name debuted in 1992.

Q2 has been introduced in 2006 as a marketing term for LSD, originally on the Alfa Romeo 147 and GT (which were FWD with a Torsen LSD).

Therefore, Q4 only denotes AWD, it has zero implications about the presence of the rear LSD, which is not standard equipment on AWD Giulias.

Your car does not have the LSD.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.