Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New member here out of Colorado, Denver area, currently researching the Giulia QF as I'm pretty set on having one as my next car. Have been a BMW guy for the last 10 years or so and currently still have an E39 M5 which will probably be replaced by the Alfa. Great car, but I have to make room if I want something new. Forums are generally a good place to find better info on a given platform, so here I am. I've watched a ton of videos on the car and read a ton of reviews, will be going to check them out today and set up a test drive. I'm sure after that my mind will definitely be made up :grin2:

Any others that have made a similar switch in brand/car? I guess I do have a bit of experience with Italian manufacturers, also have a Ducati 1199S, which has been pretty rewarding despite the stuff you see floating around about reliability.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Welcome! Man, I'm envious of having a GQ to hit the Front Range roads with! Good luck in finding the car you love! They're really impressive rides, so you'll be happy almost certainly. In my company stable we have the Giulia Ti Sport in my sig, an '18 Stelvio Ti, and a '17 Giulia Quadrifoglio, and I've driven them all, and yeah, the GQ is easily the most compelling, thrilling and brilliant.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
658 Posts
Brand yes, car no.
Car prior to the Giulia was a 2004 E46 ZHP 6 speed which I loved. And even after having to pay for fixing a cracked rear sub frame that a number of the E46’s had still thought the replacement was going to be another BMW with manual transmission.
Sold myself on the Giulia with an extended test drive and a year later I’m glad I did. It differs in every way other than the fun of driving it from the ZHP but I have grown to enjoy the differences. I had a lot of concerns about the reliability but my example has been solid and the dealer quickly and competency resolved the leaky lumbar support. Like any car a good dealership is important. Hope you can find a great one near you because I think you will need one after test driving a quadrifoglio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts