Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had an Alfa before, owned AR 155 2.0v16 Widebody (picture of which is on my avatar), was even one of the founders of the Alfisti club back in my home country, but when I moved to the US I had to leave it behind. In good hands but still with a heavy heart. Bought BMW 328i E90 7 years ago and was pretty happy with it. It's a good car. Then suddenly my daughter grew up, passed the driving test at the DMV from the first attempt (who taught her!) and I needed a car. I drove new 3-series as service loaners (meaning for days) and test drove, and, well they are good cars too, but meh. Not _that_ good, you know. So here. Got a good lease deal on Giulia Ti Lusso in Vesuvio (as a tribute to my 155 which had a very similar color) and Crema interior (which is fantastic) in Omaha, Nebraska, made all paperwork remotely, flew in, and literally was off the lot in 10 minutes. Highly recommend these guys. Like I leased premium cars before (for my wife, Mercedes GL, then ML, then Range Rover Sport, then another one) and never ever enjoyed this process. It was always a disgrace. Sometimes borderline criminal. AR in Omaha is just professionals. They _actually_ want to sell you a car and make it quick and easy for everybody. I took car purchasing seriously, I wrote a program to extract all dealers within a 3 days driving range and their inventories. I called about 20 dealers, but I started from the geographical center of the US and decided to consider every suitable car (not white, not black and with Crema interior) to the west of it. Omaha was the first out of state dealership I called because they were closest to the geo center of the US :) And they offered me the best deal. I got $475 incl. CA tax on a $51440 MSRP vehicle with first payment + $199 due at signing.
I drove 1900 miles home and oh boy I've enjoyed every fricking mile of it.

Somewhere in Colorado (Wolcott, CO).
Untitled by Kirill Pertsev, on Flickr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done! SF area dealers are awful.
Yeah, I noticed :-( But I still need them to service my car, any recommendations? My car is plagued by the A/C shutdown problem (which should have been taken care of by TSB 24-001-18 REV A but presumably the dealer in Nebraska didn't know about this problem) and my roof curtain is malfunctioning (not that someone needs a sun roof in California, but I hate having something broken in the car).

·
Registered
216 Posts
NOT Burlingame.

Stevens Creek has been decent so far, but instead of a loaner you get an Enterprise rental voucher for a pretty awful location.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I tried to lease from Burlingame and it seems they don't know cars, they don't want to sell them and generally not interested in the auto business. This has been my experience with almost half of dealers I contacted. I wonder what do they actually do to make ends meet? Launder money? Drug trade? Weapons trade? :) Because selling cars seems to be just a cover.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep, I tried to lease from Burlingame and it seems they don't know cars, they don't want to sell them and generally not interested in the auto business. This has been my experience with almost half of dealers I contacted. I wonder what do they actually do to make ends meet? Launder money? Drug trade? Weapons trade? :) Because selling cars seems to be just a cover.
The state of the California Alfa dealers right now is a joke. I contacted Berkeley today with a lease deal being advertised (online) from a competing dealership, and they said "we can't even come close to that". Mind you, the online deal still sucks!

What is going on? It seems you have to drive 1500 miles away from California to get a good deal. I don't get it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is going on? It seems you have to drive 1500 miles away from California to get a good deal. I don't get it.
They are just making sure you'll thoroughly enjoy your car :-D Try to call CA dealer and pretend that you are from Nebraska, see what happens :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts