Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wanted to say Hi. We are Canadians who just recently moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2017. One of the first things we did was purchase a Quadrifoglio to enjoy the twisty roads around here. Thankfully the dealer had this nearly loaded manual transmission version in stock. Done some nice trips through the Alps and down to Italy and along the French Riviera, as well as along the Autobahn. Looking forward to more fun drives in the months to come. Oh yeah, in Switzerland it is mandatory to have snow chains so I suspect I may be one of the few members to have chains in addition to snow tires (and a ski rack)!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! What a cool move :) Have you done the Stelvio pass yet? :) I drove the Trollstigen in summer which was fun but Switzerland is on my hit list. How do you find living there? From a fellow immigrant I love hearing about experiences. Lovely house in the background too, QV belongs in a Courtyard when it's not on the track ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you're planning on staying for a while!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome! What a cool move
Have you done the Stelvio pass yet?
I drove the Trollstigen in summer which was fun but Switzerland is on my hit list. How do you find living there? From a fellow immigrant I love hearing about experiences. Lovely house in the background too, QV belongs in a Courtyard when it's not on the track
Living here is great. Not a single pot hole anywhere and endless twisties meandering between lakes and mountains. Only down side so far is the very strictly enforced speed limits.

Did a great trip to Monaco via Turin. Crossing through the mountains from Italy into France was spectacular. Drove through the tunnel you see in Monaco at FI races. Too bad the speed limit was only 50kmh.

Oh and by the way, that house isn’t ours. That is Domaine Weinbach in Alsace. Was loading the car with a few cases of wine we bought there.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
ha sounds like a great move on all fronts! We have offices there, I won't dismiss if the offer comes up :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi. Just wanted to say Hi. We are Canadians who just recently moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2017. One of the first things we did was purchase a Quadrifoglio to enjoy the twisty roads around here. Thankfully the dealer had this nearly loaded manual transmission version in stock. Done some nice trips through the Alps and down to Italy and along the French Riviera, as well as along the Autobahn. Looking forward to more fun drives in the months to come. Oh yeah, in Switzerland it is mandatory to have snow chains so I suspect I may be one of the few members to have chains in addition to snow tires (and a ski rack)!
work visa or "retirement" visa?
nice to have member with stick shift QV!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
work visa or "retirement" visa?
nice to have member with stick shift QV![/QUOTE]

I have dual British / Canadian citizenship so was able to come here since Switzerland has a deal with the EU allowing free movement of citizens. They did want to make sure I had enough money to live here. My wife had to get a work visa. Btw we moved from Toronto (I see that’s where you are from).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congrats and Welcome....!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have dual British / Canadian citizenship so was able to come here since Switzerland has a deal with the EU allowing free movement of citizens. They did want to make sure I had enough money to live here. My wife had to get a work visa. Btw we moved from Toronto (I see that’s where you are from).
that is correct

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
Living here is great. Not a single pot hole anywhere and endless twisties meandering between lakes and mountains. Only down side so far is the very strictly enforced speed limits.
We visited Switzerland last summer and opted to take trains rather than renting a car. Yeah, some regrets.

Did a great trip to Monaco via Turin. Crossing through the mountains from Italy into France was spectacular. Drove through the tunnel you see in Monaco at FI races. Too bad the speed limit was only 50kmh.
You were lucky; it's often stop-and-go in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Btw we moved from Toronto (I see that’s where you are from).
Hey ! I'm also in Switzerland, but I'm swiss, and french speaking.

I was in Toronto last summer, as my cousin is living there, nice place to discover. :)

Are you living in the german or french speaking part of Switzerland ?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
That is Domaine Weinbach in Alsace. Was loading the car with a few cases of wine we bought there.
Alsatian wines are fabulous! I wish there was more attention paid them here in Michigan (and the USA generally).

Welcome to the forums, enjoy the car, and post more Alfa + wine related pictures!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts