Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went test drove a 2018 QV yesterday afternoon, I loved the car. It will be a big step for me in cars. I currently own a 2009 STi and 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just sold my pride and joy, a supercharged 2007 GPW Honda S2000. Nothing I have driven has matched that car’s steering, manual transmission, and handling. The Giulia has the steering, and of course the exhaust note. Interior and comfort are starting to hold a little more importance as I tack on the years (still a few years shy of 40) and in those departments the Alfa wins hands down compared to my other vehicles. Looking forward to picking one up and driving the snot out of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Knoxville.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome dude. S2K was a great car, my good friend has some HKS'd one, very cool car and did well at the Ring :) QV will be on another level though, you must be seriously excited. Are you going to special order or grab from the dealer? I'm 37 and think the Alfa is great for our ages ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a ways out from purchase. Reading through the “Prices” thread, I might be making a trip to Greensboro or giving Jim at Strongville Alfa some business. Nashville Alfa would be great but I am not sure they will come down enough. I got spoiled buying the S new at $28k, which was $6k below sticker.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I am a ways out from purchase. Reading through the “Prices” thread, I might be making a trip to Greensboro or giving Jim at Strongville Alfa some business. Nashville Alfa would be great but I am not sure they will come down enough. I got spoiled buying the S new at $28k, which was $6k below sticker.
Waiting for delivery of our QV. She is making the trec from Strongsville OH to AZ. Alex or Jim from Strongsville. They have the shipping all worked out and it is not extra (no it is not baked in the price) based on the deals we were looking at elsewhere they still beat the pricing and sometimes it just comes down to do you have the car i want. YES. We found our local dealers only wanted to sell what was on their lot and they made it tough to order what we wanted. Alex said no problem we could order didn’t matter. Turned out they had what we wanted anyway.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nashville Alfa would be great . . . .
A Gulia Quadrifoglio is on my wish list, but it is going to be awhile before I can pull the trigger. I have visited the Nashville dealership a few times since 2017. They let me drive one about 9 months ago, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. It is just an amazing sedan.

Anyway, everyone I encountered there has been extremely nice. They may be worth a slight premium depending on how much better of a discount can be had elsewhere.

·
Registered
647 Posts
QVpilot's post reminds me of my first trip to the Alfa dealer. Devin was a real nice guy but full of BS and he didn't know about the oil level bars on the screen. After quite awhile he offered that I could take the red Giulia home for an overnight test drive. I accepted and my wife drove the Honda home. My only suspicion was that here were 60 miles on it and the wheel wells and the edges of the under side had some dry mud/dirt. Looked like someone had taken it for at test and drove thru a mud puddle or two. However, that was only minor as I was sure they or I could properly detail that.

He drove the Giulia up to the service driveway so I could leave. The engine was running and I noticed some greenish/yellowish stringy fluid dripping out of both tailpipes. I ask is that a problem? He responded no it's snot. So I figured some pilot had taken it for a test drive. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see what you did there! Need to get my post count up, so...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Abc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Def

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about that, but needed the post count and this is the only thread I would waste those in. My S2000 drove off on a trailer headed for port to be shipped to Chile. It was emotional. Now I just have to bide my time till I get a QV in the garage!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Made the leap today into a QV. Trading in the STi and have decided to daily the car since I will want to drive anyways as long as there is no snow.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
423 Posts
Made the leap today into a QV. Trading in the STi and have decided to daily the car since I will want to drive anyways as long as there is no snow.
Whoa! You really are jumping in with both feet! Not that I blame you... TN winters aren't that bad are they? Just get a second set of wheels for your winter or all-season tires.

I'm in the process of selling my Evo. I'll drive my Tundra for a while and then get into a QV...

Post up pics when you can! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Winters really aren’t that bad here. The second set of wheels and all season tires is the planned route. If weather does get too bad, then we always have the Jeep and at least one of us will have off of work for “inclement” weather.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congrats, Man! You are going to love the Quadrifoglio. I have owned a ton of awesome cars prior to the Alfa but have to say this thing is very special...even after 13,000 miles of ownership.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts