Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Been reading the forum and looking forward to my new Alfa which I hope will be here in about a week. I couldn't find what I wanted at any of the dealers, so I ordered one back in December from the factory. I'm very excited as I've always admired the Alfa marque, but never thought I'd own one until now. My sister who has lived in Europe most of her life has had three Alfa's and loved them. She is a "spirited" driver and says that they are the best driving car she has ever had. I'm old, but still enamored by the passion and emotion associated with Alfa's. So what if they break down occasionally.. you only live once.. and I'm Italian too! My soon to arrive Alfa is a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport AWD... Vesuvio Gray, Red/black interior, Sport Performance Package, etc. I didn't want a sunroof or a lot of the extras that the dealers load their inventory up with. The Ti Sport AWD package has all I need. I've been driving a 2015 BMW 435 Grand Coupe M-Sport package which I'll be turning in (leased) as soon as the Alfa is on board. I have to admit this BMW was a really good one (it was my second BMW sport sedan).. has a lot of performance and it has been very reliable. I had to think hard about giving it up and going with the new Alfa's, but I'm very enthused for now.

Ciao,

Tony Bonanno

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome! As you mention there is something special and attractive to the brand. Life is short not to experience it. I think they really came up with a nice design but a twist on the German copycat controls and features. The rotary controls especially to change spring dampering and fan controls are quick and easy to use. The minimalist appearance and ability to integrate the NAV screen into the dashboard without the awful plasticky tablet sticking up into the air are reasons enough to choose to be a non-conformist. I wish AR all the best. Of course the light, responsive steering and handling is what we lost after the 80's and 90's passed. This is the most alluring bit about the car. If this run continues there will hopefully be future exciting models. If not there's always the chance to go back to prior brands....

·
Registered
334 Posts
A man of good taste on the color selected as well, but I tend to be a bit biased towards Vesuvio Gray. They are very special cars, I almost bought an M4 until the QV came along ....

·
Registered
483 Posts
One of the reasons I bought my AWD in San Diego was because I grew up in SF and plan in driving there often, including during the winter. Would love to grab espresso sometime when I'm out there.

Hi Everyone,

Been reading the forum and looking forward to my new Alfa which I hope will be here in about a week. I couldn't find what I wanted at any of the dealers, so I ordered one back in December from the factory. I'm very excited as I've always admired the Alfa marque, but never thought I'd own one until now. My sister who has lived in Europe most of her life has had three Alfa's and loved them. She is a "spirited" driver and says that they are the best driving car she has ever had. I'm old, but still enamored by the passion and emotion associated with Alfa's. So what if they break down occasionally.. you only live once.. and I'm Italian too! My soon to arrive Alfa is a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport AWD... Vesuvio Gray, Red/black interior, Sport Performance Package, etc. I didn't want a sunroof or a lot of the extras that the dealers load their inventory up with. The Ti Sport AWD package has all I need. I've been driving a 2015 BMW 435 Grand Coupe M-Sport package which I'll be turning in (leased) as soon as the Alfa is on board. I have to admit this BMW was a really good one (it was my second BMW sport sedan).. has a lot of performance and it has been very reliable. I had to think hard about giving it up and going with the new Alfa's, but I'm very enthused for now.

Ciao,

Tony Bonanno

Reactions: Tony Bonanno

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome Tony. I’m in abq. I took delivery of my 2018 Quadrifoglio in November. The NM gang needs to meet. The Alfa dealer in Albuquerque has cars n coffee every 3rd Saturday. I make it when I can.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the reasons I bought my AWD in San Diego was because I grew up in SF and plan in driving there often, including during the winter. Would love to grab espresso sometime when I'm out there.
Would enjoy that.. let me know when you are heading this way !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also from Santa Fe with a 2017 Giulia, Misano Blue AWD.
I'll be happy to see another one in Santa Fe.
Let's make a plan to meet.. I live in Eldorado. Hope to have my car in about a week..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Tony. I’m in abq. I took delivery of my 2018 Quadrifoglio in November. The NM gang needs to meet. The Alfa dealer in Albuquerque has cars n coffee every 3rd Saturday. I make it when I can.
I had no idea about the ABQ get together. My car is coming out of Denver, but will be going to the ABQ naturally for service and support. Would be great to meet other owners down there and get to know the dealership too.... Thanks for letting me know!

Would really like to see your Quadrifoglio... :)

Reactions: Chanosh

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Giulia ownership Tony! I picked mine up a week ago and I can't wipe the smile from my face.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome too! Exciting it's not far away. Sure you've read already but i'll say it again.. don't forget to check the tire pressure before driving off :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, looks like I might be spending even more time out there- wife and I both got offers at LANL. Hopefully I'll be meeting you all soon!

Reactions: Tony Bonanno

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, looks like I might be spending even more time out there- wife and I both got offers at LANL. Hopefully I'll be meeting you all soon!
That's terrific news! Lots of LANL folks in the area.. most live on opposite side of town from me (closer to the lab)... look forward to meeting you whenever..

Tony

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Ciao,

Tony Bonanno

Benvenuto Tony e boca lupo!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new Alfa. I took delivery of a 2018 QV a few months back. I also have family in Europe who have driven Fiats and Alfa's forever. The brand has served them well. Enjoy the Giulia.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'll be in Santa Fe May 2-4 if anyone wants to meet and grab coffee. Should we try to do a meet-up at Iconik Coffee? I'll take point on arranging, event though I'll be in a rental, if people are interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts