Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically this isn't my car, I purchased it on the date of my Fiancee's bday (just happened that she needed a new car and her bday came up). That morning I contacted a bunch of dealers and 1 gave me the best deal, so picked up the car around 5pm and went straight to dinner. Fiancee got a ride from a friend from work, so after dinner we were the last ones out and only the Alfa was sitting there took her a while to notice I had no other car lol.

Brownie points if anyone knows what the car behind it is.

Ordering a replica QV spoiler next, maybe the V in CF and the mirrors, tinting is next also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Looks like an older mustang parked on the street just behind the Giulia.

Where abouts in LA are you? We're in Venice (not Italy).

Yeah, dates can be an interesting thing. We honeymooned in my new 4C. Drove Highway One to Carmel and back. We took delivery of our Giulia the day before our second wedding anniversary. My wife wasn't a car person until she got to be around a few real cars. Thanks Alfa, for the love affair :grin2:

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Awesome! I am glad you are not babying the car. How long did it take for you to become accustomed to shifting with the left hand?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, impressive eagle eye.

I'm in LA as well and will be ordering a MY2018 soon. Don't see many of these on the road around here.
Van Nuys dealer hooked me up pretty good, was easy to have them drop price. I was in a rush having to buy same day so i only asked for $2500 off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Looks like an older mustang parked on the street just behind the Giulia.

Where abouts in LA are you? We're in Venice (not Italy).

Yeah, dates can be an interesting thing. We honeymooned in my new 4C. Drove Highway One to Carmel and back. We took delivery of our Giulia the day before our second wedding anniversary. My wife wasn't a car person until she got to be around a few real cars. Thanks Alfa, for the love affair :grin2:
I live in lake balboa in the valley but work in brentwood, so pretty close by. I was looking into purchasing a 4c, gut it and track it since pricing took a decent dip on them, but eyeing a grand sport corvette.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I live in lake balboa in the valley but work in brentwood, so pretty close by. I was looking into purchasing a 4c, gut it and track it since pricing took a decent dip on them, but eyeing a grand sport corvette.
Nice! 4Cs are showing up used now with low miles and good prices. Few people use them as daily drivers. I've got 27,000 miles on my 4C now. I tracked mine once, very sweet on the track.

Do you go to The Best of France and Italy car show at Woodley Park? Every November.
http://www.franceanditaly.com/
We'll be there showing our two Alfas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in LA with mine, haven't seen another yet either. But I don't really drive all that much, 2200 miles in 5 months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in Orange County and work in LA and I have only seen one other Giulia on the streets. It was a monte carlo blue TI in Manhattan Beach. I was just getting out of my Giulia when the guy came up to me asking how I like my car and he pointed to his parked on the next aisle over.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I live in Venice and have seen a few.
A blue one, the lady waved back :)
A black one, three times. The drive has never waved back.
A red one parked.

Are any of you going to the Highway Earth car show Sunday, 25 June? It's in Franklin Canyon north of Beverly Hills. We will be there with both our Alfas.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
where'd you see the red one? could've been me, although i've only had it 3 weeks and haven't driven west of hollywood yet.
The red one was just a few blocks from where I live in Venice. One of the big shots at my dealer lives near me. I didn't realize it when I saw the Giulia parked, but he was driving one of his 'company' cars. It still counts as 'in the wild'.

That's my 4C, and yes, it's raining. I love driving in the rain. We didn't have our Giulia then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordering a replica QV spoiler next, maybe the V in CF and the mirrors, tinting is next also.
Hey martuned!
I live near you and also went to the van nuys dealer! I dealt with perry but I found a deal 100$ cheaper the next day at glendale fiat and bought it immediately.
I'm really interested in seeing your QV spoiler and where you got it from, have you received the spoiler yet and installed it?

Here's my giulia if you see me driving around!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts