Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new forum member here! We've been leasing my wife's Stelvio for about a year and owned my Giulia for 6 months or so.

My wife came from a CR-V so the Stelvio is no competition. When we were looking at new cars for her, she completely wrote off the Stelvio because she never heard of it. After testing a XC60 and Q5, I convinced her to give the Stelvio a shot.... she hasn't stopped driving it since!

As for me, my old fun car was a 350z Nismo but I've enjoyed the Giulia more so far. It's been a few years since I was on track with a car but I plan on getting her out our to Palmer next year for some track days to really see what I can do with it.

Also heavily in the motorcycle track community so I do frequent tracks in the area such as Palmer, Thompson, and NYST

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the group.
Valenti Alfa Fiat is having a get together this Sunday. Contact them and sign up. There will be a lot of local Alfa owners there. Also consider joining the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. The CT chapter has around 130 members. I am the chapter President. Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the group.
Valenti Alfa Fiat is having a get together this Sunday. Contact them and sign up. There will be a lot of local Alfa owners there. Also consider joining the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. The CT chapter has around 130 members. I am the chapter President. Feel free to contact me if you want more info.
Signed up for that weeks ago! The guy running it was our salesman for both cars. He did a great job and is definitely the reason we went back for my car after my wife's! How do I join the owner club?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Signed up for that weeks ago! The guy running it was our salesman for both cars. He did a great job and is definitely the reason we went back for my car after my wife's! How do I join the owner club?
Love to see another CT Misano Blue (most underappreciated color;))!! We will have to roll together on Sunday! Welcome to the forum. I am located in the Hartford Area if you ever want to go cruising let me know!!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Cloud Car

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, it's by far my favorite color! I look forward to meeting you Sunday! I'm hoping to hear a few exhausts at the cruise, I'm in the market for 1 but want to hear some in person before picking. Online clips don't do the sound justice..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya, it's by far my favorite color! I look forward to meeting you Sunday! I'm hoping to hear a few exhausts at the cruise, I'm in the market for 1 but want to hear some in person before picking. Online clips don't do the sound justice..
I am going to Pops on the 25th to get my muffler delete. I will gladly do drive bys for you, but it will be after the event. They are super excited to work on my giulia because the owner hasnt done one before. If I am happy (expected) then I will send you there as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to Pops on the 25th to get my muffler delete. I will gladly do drive bys for you, but it will be after the event. They are super excited to work on my giulia because the owner hasnt done one before. If I am happy (expected) then I will send you there as well.
I've heard good things about Pops, should sound good! I think that option would be a little loud for me, my favorite track (Palmer) is strict on DB levels and I doubt that would pass. I was looking at the Remus axle-back but hearing something Sunday might change my mind!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've heard good things about Pops, should sound good! I think that option would be a little loud for me, my favorite track (Palmer) is strict on DB levels and I doubt that would pass. I was looking at the Remus axle-back but hearing something Sunday might change my mind!
I believe the Remus is actually 2.75 inch and only has resonators which would make it likely as loud as a muffler delete. I could be wrong! the Stock 2.5in with Muffler delete should not be terrible. In my consultation Pops said that they are designing my Y pipe delete to have a straight section that they can cut and weld in a resonator if I find it too loud. Guess I will find out and I will def keep you in the loop. The goal is NOT to be obnoxious so if its really loud I am gunna return it to stock. Good news is with the way the exhaust is currently designed that is not hard to reverse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the Remus is actually 2.75 inch and only has resonators which would make it likely as loud as a muffler delete. I could be wrong! the Stock 2.5in with Muffler delete should not be terrible. In my consultation Pops said that they are designing my Y pipe delete to have a straight section that they can cut and weld in a resonator if I find it too loud. Guess I will find out and I will def keep you in the loop. The goal is NOT to be obnoxious so if its really loud I am gunna return it to stock. Good news is with the way the exhaust is currently designed that is not hard to reverse.
This is why I'm hoping to hear a few option Sunday. It's hard to find reliable decibel levels on seller's websites. The consensus from what on a few different posts is the remus ab is very mild which is perfect for what I'd need, not too loud at idle/low-mid RPMs, but we'll see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got back from the National convention in CO. The predominant vehicle was the Giulia. It was nice to see the growing enthusiasm in the club for the sedan.
To get info on joining go to www.Aroc-usa.org
See you on Sunday. I should be in a 4C. The Giulia needs a rest. 4800 miles in the past 12 days. The souvenir is a quarter sized crack in the windshield that happened in either South Dakota or Minnesota. It could have been much worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts