Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My first car in 1983 was my uncles bright red 1967 Alfa Romeo 1300 Jr. He had put a 1600 engine in it with dual Weber carbs and man that was a blast to drive. I ended up having a catastrophic oil leak and the Jr. eventually had been purchased by one of the owners of International Auto Parts formerly of Charlottesville, Virginia (It was the go to place for Alfa parts in the 1980's). I hope to rekindle my lost love affair with Alfa Romeo and am placing an order for a 2018 Giulia Ti. I was unable to locate anything in a 500 mile radius that was set up like I was looking for so my local dealer is ordering it for me and told me I will have a wait of approximately 6 to 8 months for it to arrive.

Seems like its pretty bare bones but that was what I was looking for in my Ti.

Alfa Rosso Exterior Paint

19-Inch X 8-Inch Dark 5-Hole Aluminum Wheels

225/40R19 All Season Performance Tire

High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps

Tan Sport Leather Seats with Black Accent Stitching

8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio with NAV

Ti 19-inch Sport Package

Ti Performance Package

Gloss Yellow Calipers with Black Script

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My first car in 1983 was my uncles bright red 1967 Alfa Romeo 1300 Jr. He had put a 1600 engine in it with dual Weber carbs and man that was a blast to drive. I ended up having a catastrophic oil leak and the Jr. eventually had been purchased by one of the owners of International Auto Parts formerly of Charlottesville, Virginia (It was the go to place for Alfa parts in the 1980's). I hope to rekindle my lost love affair with Alfa Romeo and am placing an order for a 2018 Giulia Ti. I was unable to locate anything in a 500 mile radius that was set up like I was looking for so my local dealer is ordering it for me and told me I will have a wait of approximately 6 to 8 months for it to arrive.

Seems like its pretty bare bones but that was what I was looking for in my Ti.

Alfa Rosso Exterior Paint

19-Inch X 8-Inch Dark 5-Hole Aluminum Wheels

225/40R19 All Season Performance Tire

High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps

Tan Sport Leather Seats with Black Accent Stitching

8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio with NAV

Ti 19-inch Sport Package

Ti Performance Package

Gloss Yellow Calipers with Black Script
Are you sure about those sport seats?
Will this be your everyday / long distance driver?
We thought that we liked the sport seats until we took a demo on an extended test drive. After about 45 minutes the high side bolsters were uncomfortable and the passenger found that they encroached on their elbows.
FYI, we are both about 5'8" - 5'9", and have a somewhat trim body type.
After test driving a Ti Lusso with the Cannoloni Leather seats, we ordered such with all the performance add-ons.
We drove both cars, back-to-back, put over 200 miles on them (combined) and were out for about 5 hours. It really helped us decide on what we wanted to order.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Either my sport seats have broken in after a couple of thousand miles or I have gotten accustomed to them.

Are you still in the Charlottesville area? Many great roads around there (hopefully as uncongested as they were when I called it home).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Either my sport seats have broken in after a couple of thousand miles or I have gotten accustomed to them.

Are you still in the Charlottesville area? Many great roads around there (hopefully as uncongested as they were when I called it home).

Yes I still live in the C'ville area. The day the car comes in and it is not too late I plan on making a run through Madison to Sperryville (perhaps up the mountain and back :grin2:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The base seats in the loaner Giulia I get are miserable. The sport seats in my Ti are amazing. More padding, seem to adjust lower into the car, and around much better build quality. I found the base seats to be hard, lacking lower back support, and overall lacking in substance.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Yes I still live in the C'ville area. The day the car comes in and it is not too late I plan on making a run through Madison to Sperryville (perhaps up the mountain and back :grin2:)
You're making me jealous. I lived on Old Ballard Road and enjoyed my drives from and to home in my SAABs. The one-lane bridges were often entertaining as were the "jumps".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts