Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,083 Posts
Doug demuro reviewed the new m3 today, and didn't mention the qv once. At the end, when he compared Doug scores, he didn't even include it in the list. He had the m2, a small coupe, but not the qv, a sports sedan that most serious buyers and enthusiasts will cross shop. He even gave the m3 a higher handing score. 🤯

I lost a bit of respect for him today.

That aside, bmw had 4 years to match Alfa and the best they could do was tie it. I'm holding out for ring numbers but I don't think it will beat the qv.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I watched both videos. The results are not surprising ☺

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The driving dynamics still keep Alfa slightly ahead. For how long is anyone’s guess. But BMW will sell more M cars than all
Alfas combined.
I agree, the same reason why the manual transmission has died off. Gen public with money don't care as much for driving dynamics as they care about their tablet sized screens and their big grilles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doug demuro reviewed the new m3 today, and didn't mention the qv once. At the end, when he compared Doug scores, he didn't even include it in the list. He had the m2, a small coupe, but not the qv, a sports sedan that most serious buyers and enthusiasts will cross shop. He even gave the m3 a higher handing score. 🤯

That aside, bmw had 4 years to match Alfa and the best they could do was tie it. I'm holding out for ring numbers but I don't think it will beat the qv.
there will always be cars that come out that will beat the QV on the ring. not worried as there is less focus on driving engagement unless you buying the M2, cayman, 911.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I wish the QV came with Michelins, the Pirelli's are always a knock against it in reviews. Also, I think to stay competitive, the QV Giulia needs an AWD variant.
They also knock the interior and the tech, but add in a surround camera, a HUD, and digital cluster and then you'll lose some of driving dynamics due to the add weight

Reactions: Ajax240k

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Doug never gave the QV a Doug Score for some reason. That may be why it was not in his comparison.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Doug never gave the QV a Doug Score for some reason. That may be why it was not in his comparison.
He did. He never did it in a video but it's on his website. He gave it a 63:

Style 7
Acceleration 8
Handing 6 (which should be a 7 imo)
Fun 7
Cool 6
Weekend 34

Features 6
Comfort 6 (but f80 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Quality 6 (but f80 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️) (he adds reliability into this and when he reviewed the qv in 2017, there wasn't enough data to show how reliable the Alfa is
Practicality 5
Value 6 (but m3 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Daily 29

Total 63

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
He did. He never did it in a video but it's on his website. He gave it a 63:

Style 7
Acceleration 8
Handing 6 (which should be a 7 imo)
Fun 7
Cool 6
Weekend 34

Features 6
Comfort 6 (but f80 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Quality 6 (but f80 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️) (he adds reliability into this and when he reviewed the qv in 2017, there wasn't enough data to show how reliable the Alfa is
Practicality 5
Value 6 (but m3 got 7 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Daily 29

Total 63
Interesting. I only watched the video and didn't realize he had given it a score.

Good thing I don't exclusively buy cars based on other people's opinions.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
This is what it looks like in real world. I even gave him the hit not knowing he was gonna race. Afterwards when we slowed down he said “please tell me that’s not stock. Please”. Haha. He said he was tuned etc. He then said his friend had it on tape. the friend is best part of race. “He’s frying us” Kid was goofy as hell haha. Notice I gave him the jerk off flashers after the gap. Haha. All good.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts