Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a new gremlin that I haven't heard anyone talk about yet...

Went to lunch today and parked in a crazy, busy lot. I pulled in head first and the front ParkSense was going nuts as always. When I came back out and turned the car on of course the front ParkSense was going nuts, cuz it never turns off, and I put it into reverse. Because the lot was so busy the cross traffic started to go off. So now I have the front PS and the Cross going off at the same time. Then, one of the other cars gets really near the back of the car so both ParkSense are going off, front and rear, and the cross traffic. Cabin was inane hahaha.

Anyway, as soon I finally get the car pulled out and in drive the radio refuses to "be loud". It's like it was stuck in mute mode due to the ParkSense going nuts. The ParkSense also refused to work. I shut the car down in park and restarted. Still no radio. Crept up on the guy in front of me to see if the ParkSense will sound, nope.

It's like the mute condition caused by the ParkSense going insane caused the radio to be stuck in mute. I was able to make a phone call with decent sound - called the dealer to make an appointment ;).

Anyone else ever see this in a car with the HK system?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Found a new gremlin that I haven't heard anyone talk about yet...

Went to lunch today and parked in a crazy, busy lot. I pulled in head first and the front ParkSense was going nuts as always. When I came back out and turned the car on of course the front ParkSense was going nuts, cuz it never turns off, and I put it into reverse. Because the lot was so busy the cross traffic started to go off. So now I have the front PS and the Cross going off at the same time. Then, one of the other cars gets really near the back of the car so both ParkSense are going off, front and rear, and the cross traffic. Cabin was inane hahaha.

Anyway, as soon I finally get the car pulled out and in drive the radio refuses to "be loud". It's like it was stuck in mute mode due to the ParkSense going nuts. The ParkSense also refused to work. I shut the car down in park and restarted. Still no radio. Crept up on the guy in front of me to see if the ParkSense will sound, nope.

It's like the mute condition caused by the ParkSense going insane caused the radio to be stuck in mute. I was able to make a phone call with decent sound - called the dealer to make an appointment ;).

Anyone else ever see this in a car with the HK system?
Are you aware that you can turn off the Park sensor with the button just about the auto/start stop...you still have the function working on the screen but eliminate the sound
When I pull into my garage yes it goes nuts...very sensitive for sure...and when I back out the same thing so I just shut it off and use the back up camera....
as to it effecting the radio volume I have never experienced anything like that.....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know you can. I sometimes use the switch by the AS/S when I'm sitting the car with the nose near something, e.g. a bush. You can also change it's behavior in the Settings/Tools. I like the sound, it's useful, but the front sensors drive me nuts in that in park they still shout.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started the car this morning. No sound. Pulled out and the when the garage door went down the ParkSense went off, hadn't been working since the issue began, and the radio came back on.

Strange. At least everything works again. If it hadn't I was going to try the hardware button but all good now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts