Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Since I'm looking into new cars this Spring/Summer and the Giulia has made my "on-paper" handful list, I thought I'd join this forum to learn as much as I can. Definitely not my first car forum - more like 20th.

I drive a 2012 MB CLS550 4Matic today but I'm considering a switch soon.

Look forward to learning and contributing to your group here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

Have you seen a Giulia in person yet? Better yet, have you test driven one yet?

I put about ten miles on a Ti. "This is how sedans should have always been made." Now I have one on special order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet. My son and I are headed to the dealer tomorrow late afternoon to drive one, preferably a Ti. Dealer has a few. My only concern is size and space. I've never felt comfortable in a 3 series BMW. I'm 6'1" 240 and I sometimes need a functional, not squashed, backseat for business or family.

I am excited to drive this car. Something fresh and different.

My current CLS550 is nice but I find it slightly boring and it's so low that getting in and out is a pain, literally. My car prior to that was 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with simple modifications that made 370rwhp/tq at the rear wheels, 436hp crank roughly and ran 12.7's all day long. 7 years and 128k miles. Loved that car for power, handling, safety, space - it was a great sedan not many knew about. Made in Australia and available now as the Chevy SS. I don't want the SS though. This is the last year for it, been there done that, and I want something different, unique and with some Italian style.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not yet. My son and I are headed to the dealer tomorrow late afternoon to drive one, preferably a Ti. Dealer has a few. My only concern is size and space. I've never felt comfortable in a 3 series BMW. I'm 6'1" 240 and I sometimes need a functional, not squashed, backseat for business or family.

I am excited to drive this car. Something fresh and different.

My current CLS550 is nice but I find it slightly boring and it's so low that getting in and out is a pain, literally. My car prior to that was 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with simple modifications that made 370rwhp/tq at the rear wheels, 436hp crank roughly and ran 12.7's all day long. 7 years and 128k miles. Loved that car for power, handling, safety, space - it was a great sedan not many knew about. Made in Australia and available now as the Chevy SS. I don't want the SS though. This is the last year for it, been there done that, and I want something different, unique and with some Italian style.

Great. Since height is a concern, try one without the large sunroof, that improves things a bit. To me it is quite roomy in the back as well but I am used to smaller cars. It is more roomy inside than earlier 3 series, but it may still be too small for your needs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: My son and I test drove a Giulia Ti AWD on Thursday. Beautiful car, handled well, peppy, nice interior, easy to understand controls, great headroom (solid roof) but the seat side bolsters felt too tight and the car does not have the legroom I need. At one point, I was in the passenger front and my son was in the passenger rear seat. He could not get his feet out from under the seat to exit the car without me pulling the passenger seat forward and I wasn't all the way back to begin with. I just can't go through this with my DD and the times I need to put customers back there or the family. If that was not a concern, I probably would have left there this week with the car. Other than that, the car met all the expectations I had built up about it. The Qv must be an absolute monster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.