Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Guilia Veloce end of last month and clocked up first 1000 miles today on X country run to Bristol. Very pleased so far and great to be back to Alfa after 10 year gap. Last time was a GTV 3.0 - Pops

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Veloce?

Picked up my new Guilia Veloce end of last month and clocked up first 1000 miles today on X country run to Bristol. Very pleased so far and great to be back to Alfa after 10 year gap. Last time was a GTV 3.0 - Pops
Is the Veloce basically the same car as the Giulia Ti that is sold here in the U.S.? We do not have a Veloce model.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's slightly more complicated than that. While it is true that in term of contents and appearance the European Veloce is pretty much equivalent to an US-spec Ti + Sport Package, technically Veloce is a separate trim level (L3), while the Ti is logistically equivalent to the European Super (L1). In Europe, there's no Super (Ti) 280hp Giulia.

Besides, the line between Super and Veloce is also getting blurred in Europe, with the introduction of "Veloce Packs", roughly equivalent to the American Sport packs, which bring the cosmetic contents, interior and exterior, of the Veloce, to lesser Giulias (exterior + interior on the 180hp diesel and 200hp petrol, just interior on the 150hp diesel).

The Veloce (L3) trim level is slated to be introduced to NAFTA markets with the 350hp version.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
The Veloce (L3) trim level is slated to be introduced to NAFTA markets with the 350hp version.
I have read about the possibility of a 350bhp Giulia being introduced but I guess you have confirmation based off your sources. Do you know if it it will still be the 2.0 inline 4 cylinder or will they increase the displacement on the engine? I am trying to figure out if the performance bump is through an electronic tune or updated engine components or a combination of both.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm told it's still the 2.0L.
Thank you MacGreek,

So the scenario is very similar to the 200bhp and the 280 Veloce engine bump in the Giulia in Europe. The engine in both are equivalent yet one makes 200bhp and the other 280 bhp. European Tuners have increased the BHP output via electronic tunes to match the Veloce's 280bph. So it looks like our little 2.0 engine still has plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't think he can say this conclusively without possibly harming his insider contacts as any would-be purchaser will likely wait to make a purchase until such time. Similar to iPhone sales decreasing when a new model is about to roll out because they know something new and better is around the corner.

·
Registered
651 Posts
What if?

But our President has indicated that he is going to blow up NAFTA. He better not screw up our suped-up Giulias!
MacGeek rocks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts