Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time looking, I purchased this beauty on July 4th! The car is awesome, took it on a long distance trip across the Appalachians which was incredible. The handling is on a level I have never experienced. Already pushing 1400 miles. Got it cleaned up and waxed yesterday. Here is the result...

I have been lurking around the forum for quite a few months learning from everyones inputs and experiences. It has been a great resource, thanks to all who are active!

Special thanks to Benson Alfa Romeo in Greer, SC, they have a really responsive and helpful staff.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NC QV owner!

Reactions: GiuliaQV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, the car has the ice/black interior with green and white stitching. Standard seats and steering wheel.
Looking forward to learning more from this site!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks all, the car has the ice/black interior with green and white stitching. Standard seats and steering wheel.
Looking forward to learning more from this site!
Exactly interior as mine....I love the green and white stitching...very Italian.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what is the best way to keep the white stitching clean and reduce the wear? Its just a matter of time before the stitching starts to darken where the touch points are. Seat bolsters and center armrest for example.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congrats and welcome...re: stitching question....as Shakespeare's Hamlet said, "ay, there's the rub"....

I have a Quad with Red contrast stitching....the white will definitely be more challenging...

For the center console I've placed a microfiber towel over the entire armrest...job done...

As for the seats, I think the stitching is "up high" on the bolsters so..not sure what can be

done there....I think ingress and egress will take their toll....perhaps a towel big enough

to cover the entire base of the seat ? My dad put plastic seat covers on his 1969 Pontiac

Bonneville....that could work ? D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations. That's a great looking car. I am buying from Benson also. I placed an order for a TI Lusso at the end of April and it is supposedly on the truck from the port of Jacksonville so I should be getting it soon.

Did you notice that there is a new Alpha dealership in Charlotte, foreign cars of Charlotte. They also sell Bentley, Aston Martin, and Maserati, and apparently acquired the Alpha dealership from Hendrick of Concorde.

I live in Charlotte and notice that you are from North Carolina also. Maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Transmaro. You weren't out on Norwood or Old Creedmore on Sunday morning were you? If so, I was the other red QV that waved to you passing in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! Maybe I'll see you around NC. I'm in the Raleigh area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts