Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found and bought the exact car I was looking for. New owner of a Giulia Ti Sport, competizione red, 19" dark hole wheels with yellow calipers.

Flew to San Antonio, TX last week and drove back to Phoenix clocking almost 1,100 in 2 days.

This is my 3rd Alfa, previously owned a 2001 156 T-Spark and a 2004 156 back in Ireland :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Congrats. I am always sorry that our locals can't get us the spec we are looking for and have to travel but what the heck. I bet you enjoyed your ride. Clearly the engine didn't over heat and hopefully you didn't hit any of the dust storms. Where are you going to service?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. I am always sorry that our locals can't get us the spec we are looking for and have to travel but what the heck. I bet you enjoyed your ride. Clearly the engine didn't over heat and hopefully you didn't hit any of the dust storms. Where are you going to service?
Hey Minime - no, luckily there was no overheating or dust storms. Yeah, a pity I couldn't find it here in AZ, but happy I found the one. I actually posted an update on my other thread here, but in short my service location is the Scottsdale dealership.

Unfortunately I already had to visit them (this morning) and a really nice guy called Fred signed the car in. The infotainment screen won't turn on without disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but switches off again eventually. So, they'll hopefully have it fixed soon as my replacement is a Dodge Minivan :| :laugh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new TI, beautiful color!! Fred is a really nice guy and will help you out the best he can but definitely stay on him about your car. My car was in service there for almost 3 full weeks and I had to get Alfa Romeo Cares involved to help step up the process. The second tiime it was there it was a much quicker process and Fred stayed in touch with me constantly about what they were doing and where they were at with everything. LOL I don’t feel so bad about what I was given to drive which was a Hyundai car the first time and a Giulia the second time which by the way was so filthy inside I almost didn’t want to get into it!!!! Oh well, hopefully you will have better luck and your car will be out of service in no time! Enjoy and hopfully when it gets cooler we can all meet at a car show or a nice ride as MINIME suggested before!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Omnicube, congratulations on an absolutely gorgeous Ti Sport. To my eyes the tri-coat red and yellow calipers combo is simply stunning!

Reactions: omnicube

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new TI, beautiful color!! Fred is a really nice guy and will help you out the best he can but definitely stay on him about your car. My car was in service there for almost 3 full weeks and I had to get Alfa Romeo Cares involved to help step up the process. The second tiime it was there it was a much quicker process and Fred stayed in touch with me constantly about what they were doing and where they were at with everything. LOL I don’t feel so bad about what I was given to drive which was a Hyundai car the first time and a Giulia the second time which by the way was so filthy inside I almost didn’t want to get into it!!!! Oh well, hopefully you will have better luck and your car will be out of service in no time! Enjoy and hopfully when it gets cooler we can all meet at a car show or a nice ride as MINIME suggested before!
This is helpful, thank you. I'm going to give him a call today to see if he has an update. If it's waiting weeks for a part, I'd prefer to take the car back until then!

Question for you - when you were provided a car, was there a limit? I'm told I only have the loaner (enterprise rental) for 2 days and would need to pay if I wanted to keep it longer. Was that your experience too?

Regarding car show or Alfa convoy - that sounds cool :grin2:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
No convoy in HABOOB's. What the XXX was that last night! The QV was safely stowed in the garage with the MINI. I don't think that one was as bad as 2011 because there was not an inch of mud at the bottom of the pool but it was worse in the west I think since we didn't see the rain. Hope you Phoenicians all survived unscathed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, they paid for the car the entire time but maybe it was because they were fixing the damage to the car that their manager did when he was driving it before I bought it. He drove over the top of a parking block which caused damage to the paint, clear bra, and corner of the wheel well. I would think they should pay for it no matter how long It takes since it’s a warranty thing though, if not I would fight them on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know MINIME it came out of nowhere!!!! I unfortunately got stuck driving in it but thankfully got home safely without any flying objects hitting my car! I was so scared that I would get hit by someone or something since visibility was terrible but managed to ge home pretty quick in D Mode:)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts