Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Where are you located ? What model Giulia do you have ?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Would you like your Bluetooth audio to automatically disconnect and fail to reconnect every 5 seconds? Then the giulia is the car for you!

God I would do anything to get out of this lease.
Sounds like a warranty claim to me. Have you talked to your dealer yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Would you like your Bluetooth audio to automatically disconnect and fail to reconnect every 5 seconds? Then the giulia is the car for you!

Maybe it's time to get rid of your iPhone 3GS and get an iPhone X?
It's a known issue with 6 year old phones, I remember when Steve Jobs was alive they said he hated Italian Bluetooth.
Since Tim Cook is a complete sell out, Italian Cars are now supported, especially for those people who want to spend $1200 on a phone.

(Applause)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm retired and very old. BTW, what the h*ll is bluetooth? :confused:

I almost always drive Giulia with no music. I only hear that gorgeous
exhaust sound, especially when using the paddle shifters. What a car!
Unfortunately, it probably won't last very long since I refuse to put Amsoil in it! :D

Reactions: alfa55 and Robbie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a galaxy note 8, but good try

Maybe it's time to get rid of your iPhone 3GS and get an iPhone X?
It's a known issue with 6 year old phones, I remember when Steve Jobs was alive they said he hated Italian Bluetooth.
Since Tim Cook is a complete sell out, Italian Cars are now supported, especially for those people who want to spend $1200 on a phone.

(Applause)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
Is Bluetooth audio a primary music / podcast source for you? I find a USB stick works great, so I rarely use Bluetooth.

Reactions: jwq2

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hopefully you don't drive un the rain and hear the not so wonderful sound of windshield wipers pounding glass.

I'm retired and very old. BTW, what the h*ll is bluetooth?

I almost always drive Giulia with no music. I only hear that gorgeous
exhaust sound, especially when using the paddle shifters. What a car!
Unfortunately, it probably won't last very long since I refuse to put Amsoil in it!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Have you made a few attempts to delete the phone and pair again? Any updates available with the phone?

I had a week or two with a similar issue and my ONEPLUS version 5 phone (Android Based) but a update on the phone itself corrected the issue.

Has the car received the latest update for the infotainment system?

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Hopefully you don't drive un the rain and hear the not so wonderful sound of windshield wipers pounding glass.
He lives in the Seattle area so probably long ago learned to tune out the sound of wiper slap.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Comment deleted by moderator as it's not appropriate. Not a good way to introduce yourself by pointing fingers and name calling.
Thanks. Can't say I'm a big fan of his handle (disrespecting the departed).

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this, but

first, I have no BT issues with my Quad (LG K20, LG Aristo, and BB Priv).

second, BT features / compatibility was NOT on my list of cares when deciding to get my Quad! Only my wife cares. I have the freaking infotainment / audio set to not even turn on when I start the car (drives my wife nuts if she is with me).

Display OFF!

Turbo spool and exhaust note ON!

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Only my wife cares. I have the freaking infotainment / audio set to not even turn on when I start the car (drives my wife nuts if she is with me).
Wonderful opportunity for you to look over at your wife and lovingly say something along the lines of "why do we need the audio when we can use the time together to talk?". :smile2:

·
Registered
647 Posts
In the very rare occasion that it rains in Seattle I leave Giulia in the garage and drive the old Honda. (I'm serious, not kidding, same with snow, Giulia is a fair weather girl)

:D

PS: Chipshot is a wise guy! :nerd:

Reactions: ibehardnock2001

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this, but

first, I have no BT issues with my Quad
Same here (iphone 7). No problems. Do I wish it would connect faster? Sure. Most of my music comes from two USB drives and I do use XM every now and then.

Reactions: genyosai
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.