Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evan here! I've been lurking on the forum regularly for quite awhile. I've also been working with Cartelligent to get an order placed for a 2018 QV, and signed the paperwork on Friday. Timeline is ~4 months or so I'm told. So that means I have 4 months to sell my restored 1973 Ford Bronco to free up some funds. :smile2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Evan here! I've been lurking on the forum regularly for quite awhile. I've also been working with Cartelligent to get an order placed for a 2018 QV, and signed the paperwork on Friday. Timeline is ~4 months or so I'm told. So that means I have 4 months to sell my restored 1973 Ford Bronco to free up some funds. :smile2:
Hi Evan, I'm in San Jose and I have an order for a QV through Cartelligent as well. Did they use Bob Baker in Socal for you order? Still debating whether to use the Cartelligent trade in service or sell my S5 outright. I'm hoping the the wait time will not the the four months they quoted. Did you check out any of the local dealers before going through Cartelligent? if so how was you experience?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Evan, I'm in San Jose and I have an order for a QV through Cartelligent as well. Did they use Bob Baker in Socal for you order? Still debating whether to use the Cartelligent trade in service or sell my S5 outright. I'm hoping the the wait time will not the the four months they quoted. Did you check out any of the local dealers before going through Cartelligent? if so how was you experience?
Hi, At this point, I'm not sure which dealers they have been in contact with. They did tell me they believe I will have to pay $2K over MSRP as a "market correction." I've already told them that people are buying the cars at MSRP, and I've seen one dealer (in Ohio, I believe) that is selling 2017 QVs at $6K+ below MSRP. I'm trying to figure out where other NorCal buyers have found a good deal so I can encourage Cartelligent to contact those dealers.

I reached out to Cartelligent after speaking with the Burlingame and Walnut Creek dealerships. When I asked Burlingame about placing an order, they didn't respond the first time. After contacting them again, I was told, "We have 2017 models on the lot. We'll let you know when 2018s are available." The Walnut Creek dealer rep kept trying to get me in the store to see 2017 model. I can understand that a dealer wants to move existing inventory, but I was clear that I want a 2018 and know the specific configuration I want, so it was frustrating that they didn't want to help me out and sell a car.

Your S5 is probably a better model for Cartelligent's trade in service than mine. A restored, classic Ford Bronco is more of a specialty vehicle. That said, I've never used Cartelligent's trade in service so can't make a recommendation one way or another.

I'm located in Sunnyvale by the way.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Hi, At this point, I'm not sure which dealers they have been in contact with. They did tell me they believe I will have to pay $2K over MSRP as a "market correction." I've already told them that people are buying the cars at MSRP, and I've seen one dealer (in Ohio, I believe) that is selling 2017 QVs at $6K+ below MSRP. I'm trying to figure out where other NorCal buyers have found a good deal so I can encourage Cartelligent to contact those dealers.

I reached out to Cartelligent after speaking with the Burlingame and Walnut Creek dealerships. When I asked Burlingame about placing an order, they didn't respond the first time. After contacting them again, I was told, "We have 2017 models on the lot. We'll let you know when 2018s are available." The Walnut Creek dealer rep kept trying to get me in the store to see 2017 model. I can understand that a dealer wants to move existing inventory, but I was clear that I want a 2018 and know the specific configuration I want, so it was frustrating that they didn't want to help me out and sell a car.

Your S5 is probably a better model for Cartelligent's trade in service than mine. A restored, classic Ford Bronco is more of a specialty vehicle. That said, I've never used Cartelligent's trade in service so can't make a recommendation one way or another.

I'm located in Sunnyvale by the way.
Why do you need Cartelligent if you are doing all the legwork...email 20 dealers...see what happens..

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
2012 s 5

I sold a 2012 S 5 (last of the V 8's) Dark Blue with Cinnamon seats and door inserts...Had factory warranty until Nov 2017 or 50,000 miles....Car was exceptionally clean with 42000 miles on the odometer, all service up to date....Auto trans....My Alfa dealer offered my $3 K less than I got selling it with Autotrader's "Get a quote from a dealer" option....I had placed an ad but that didn't get any action and after 3 weeks I opted for dealers to call me....Found a large Kia dealer close to my home with a tremendous used car inventory and they were very interested in my car....Transaction was seemless, title and car fax were clear....D

Reactions: lowlight
1 - 6 of 6 Posts