Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm from Switzerland, french speaking, so excuse my poor english ! :laugh:

I own a Giulia Quadrifoglio since 10 months and after 21'000 km, I'm still in love with this fantastic car !

I drive italian cars for more than 25 years and it's always a pleasure.

You can find more pictures of my car in my garage, including a small damage on my carbon front splitter... :crying:

See you on the forum !

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bienvenue sur le forum. Magnifique Alfa!

Sorry, I don't speak French but my computer has Google Translate! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much !

And thank you Google Translate ! :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello and welcome!

your signature shows 11.2 l/100km (21mpg) as the consumption of your Giulia. That's very low, mine is 14 l/100km (16.8 mpg) after 6000km / 3750 miles.
Is it the Swiss law enforcement that makes you drive so economically? :)

And one more question -- you have a 2016 Giulia and have done quite many miles in it. Have you had any failures? Check Engine, engine stalling etc.? There are multiple threads on the forum about problems with early Quadrifoglios, so it would be encouraging to find a positive example.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
We were in Switzerland in August and very much enjoyed your beautiful country. The only Giulia we saw was a blue Lusso (or equivalent) in Geneva. Where can your additional pictures be found?

My family also has a Jeep Renegade, albeit a 2017 model with the 2.4L engine. Nevertheless, we are members of the same elite club. What a surprise to go from never having had an Italian car to find ourselves suddenly having two!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome!

your signature shows 11.2 l/100km (21mpg) as the consumption of your Giulia. That's very low, mine is 14 l/100km (16.8 mpg) after 6000km / 3750 miles.
Hello,

I don't think I drive economically. I drive essentially on highways with speed control set to 130 km/h. At that speed, the monitor displays an instant consumption of 9.5 l/100 km. Since I put only SP98 instead of SP95, the consumption is going lower.

And one more question -- you have a 2016 Giulia and have done quite many miles in it. Have you had any failures? Check Engine, engine stalling etc.? There are multiple threads on the forum about problems with early Quadrifoglios, so it would be encouraging to find a positive example.
I've had only failure, a battery problem. On a morning in April, when I wanted to open the car, there was no more power to open the door and start the engine. It happened only one time and Alfa decided to change the battery.
This summer, after 3 weeks without moving while I was on holiday in Canada, the engine started at first attempt.

So, I can say I have no problem with this amazing car. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice view of the Matterhorn ! :)

Some pictures of my Giulia :

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Nice view of the Matterhorn ! :)

Some pictures of my Giulia
Thanks. Just with my cellphone from our hotel room's balcony. I got better with my camera from the Gornergrat.

I like your username. Where were the pictures of your car taken?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! thanks for joining, lovely car!

What did you scrape on? (assuming it's a scrape). Judging by the pictures of where you live/drive i'm guessing a cattle grid :D Interested in the kind of things people scrape on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

You're taking about my front splitter ?

This winter, I was driving on a small road and someone in front of me didn't let me enough space so I drove in a hole at about 30 km/h...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where were the pictures of your car taken?
The ones from the Alfa were taken between the Geneva Lake and the Neuchâtel Lake.

The Jeep's picture were taken near Geneva. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello and welcome!

Hello,
I already made an answer, but it don't appears. Lost over the internet ! :D

So, I don't think my drive is so economical. I mostly drive on highways with speed control set to 130 km/h and at that speed, the monitor displays 9.5 l/100 km. And since I use 98 unleaded fuel instead of 95, the fuel consumption is going lower.

Regarding failures, I had only one time a battery failure and Alfa Romeo decided to change the battery, since then no problem, even after having left my car for 3 weeks during holidays.

I'm really happy with my car and every morning my ride to the office is a pleasure ! :)

Reactions: kris_go

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts

You're taking about my front splitter ?

This winter, I was driving on a small road and someone in front of me didn't let me enough space so I drove in a hole at about 30 km/h...
Ouch bet you felt that when it happened... it's going to happen isn't it... :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After hitting the hole, I've immediately parked the car and walked around. I didn't notice any damage.

It's only a couple of weeks after, when I went to the garage to put my summer wheels that I saw the scratches.

I won't change the front splitter for now, it still works fine, and the garage said it will cost me 2'000 $ for changing it, work not included...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts